A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Hugh Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Hugh Smith is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Smith
Erectile Dysfunction Patient Education What is ED? Read our erectile dysfunction patient education guide to learn all about ED and how to treat erection problems.Before Visiting Dr. Smith Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Hugh Smith, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Valve Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from University Of Manitoba Faculty Of Medicine, Winnipeg.
Dr. Smith has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Rochester Methodist Hospital
- St Marys Hospital - Rochester
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Hugh C Smith MD and PHD is a male Internist, has 47 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Hugh C. Smith practice?
- Dr. Hugh Smith has 7 office locations.
Dr. Hugh Smith practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Albert Lea, MN.
Additional practice locations include: Wabasha, MN and Kasson, MN.
See Albert Lea Internists and Albert Lea Cardiologists.