A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Hugh Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Hugh Smith is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Smith
COPD Patient Education Learn all about about COPD with Vitals chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Smith Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Hugh Smith, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Valve Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from University Of Manitoba Faculty Of Medicine, Winnipeg.
Dr. Smith has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Rochester Methodist Hospital
- St Marys Hospital - Rochester
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Hugh C Smith MD and PHD is a male Internist, has 46 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Hugh C. Smith practice?
- Dr. Hugh Smith has 7 office locations.
Dr. Hugh Smith practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Albert Lea, MN.
Additional practice locations include: Wabasha, MN and Kasson, MN.
See Albert Lea Internists and Albert Lea Cardiologists.