Dr. Hugh Smith MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 5th, 2015
A caring and wonderful Doctor!

October 6th, 2015
During delivery of my first child, this doctor did not listen when I said no to an episiotomy. The baby was not in distress, neither was I, but it was the weekend. I has refused to schedule an induction earlier and had gone into labor on a Saturday. I chose to give birth with no medication of any kind and was told by a nurse that "My sounds were disturbing other mother's labor". I believe the episiotomy was done without my consent to either quiet me or to make it be over with or a combination of the two reasons. There was no medical reason for the episiotomy(I've had other doctors look at the records). I still suffer from numbness and pain from the scar site that set in within days of delivery. When I expressed these concerns to the Dr. Smith at a followup visit, my concerns were dismissed as part of the procedure. I would not recommend this doctor for any woman that wants to make her own decisions about her body.

April 18th, 2013
Dr. Smith has been my trusted OB/GYN for almost 6 years now. He delivered both of my children and has always been kind and considerate. He cares about his patients and you can trust that he will give you the best treatment and advice. He is an excellent doctor.

September 23rd, 2010
At the time of my delivery,I had known Dr. Smith for fifteen years.He is a friend of the family.So,it was only natural that I see him and the other doctors on staff.If I needed anything.Had any questions or concerns,Dr. Smith was always available.Being on rotation,it was the luck of the draw he delivered my daughter.Dr. Smith stated that he really wanted to do so,because we had known each other for so long.I found out after my delivery,that all the doctors in the practice,wanted to delivery my daughter.I received a round of applause for being a good patient the entire time of my hospital stay.I would suggest to anyone seeking an OB/GYN to make an appt. with Dr. Smith.His practice/office is like being with family.Dr. Smith is warm and friendly.Speaks with you,not at you.Unless there is an emergency,you will not wait long in the office.I always arrived early.Hence a 15 minute wait time listed.They have excellant reading material and two very large,comfortable waiting rooms.Dr. Smith loves gardening/working in his yard.If you have plants to share,he will be your best friend for life.Also,people will think you have the most expensive gardener in town,as he will come to you home to collect,if offered.