Dr. Hugh Smith III Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Hugh Smith III?

Dr Hugh Smith

Posted on March 8th, 2017

I have been with this DR since 1999,and he was always professional.Highly Satisfied with him.He went beyond the call of duty.Very Caring of his patients..

Left practice. Will not return.

Posted on March 3rd, 2017

While Dr. Smith can be personable and charming he did not take my complaints of muscle fatigue/inability to walk more than ten feet without severe pain seriously, nor did it seem to concern him that at 5 months pregnant, aND 41 years old, I had lost 8 pounds in the prior 6 weeks. He told me I was just fine and "being tired" was "normal" while pregnant. I never complained of being tired! His lack of hearing what I said to him landed me in the ER with severe heart arythmia and Hypokalemia. I was hospitalized on IV fluids for three days instead of two because the nurse misunderstood his instructions. He then chastised and yelled at this very professional nurse IN FRONT OF me and my husband. Not only was that incredibly rude to me, but unprofessional and arrogant on his part. He might be a good Dr. and he can be very charming and engaging when he wants to be, but I am too old to put up with Dr.'s who have a God complex and think they can do no wrong. If you choose to see Dr. Smith I recommend you get a second opinion from another Dr. If you feel something is not right. Listen to your body. If I had not sought a second opinion I might have lost my only child, not to mention possibly my own life.

Posted on November 5th, 2015

A caring and wonderful Doctor!

Posted on October 6th, 2015

During delivery of my first child, this doctor did not listen when I said no to an episiotomy. The baby was not in distress, neither was I, but it was the weekend. I has refused to schedule an induction earlier and had gone into labor on a Saturday. I chose to give birth with no medication of any kind and was told by a nurse that "My sounds were disturbing other mother's labor". I believe the episiotomy was done without my consent to either quiet me or to make it be over with or a combination of the two reasons. There was no medical reason for the episiotomy(I've had other doctors look at the records). I still suffer from numbness and pain from the scar site that set in within days of delivery. When I expressed these concerns to the Dr. Smith at a followup visit, my concerns were dismissed as part of the procedure. I would not recommend this doctor for any woman that wants to make her own decisions about her body.

Posted on April 18th, 2013

Dr. Smith has been my trusted OB/GYN for almost 6 years now. He delivered both of my children and has always been kind and considerate. He cares about his patients and you can trust that he will give you the best treatment and advice. He is an excellent doctor.

Posted on September 23rd, 2010

At the time of my delivery,I had known Dr. Smith for fifteen years.He is a friend of the family.So,it was only natural that I see him and the other doctors on staff.If I needed anything.Had any questions or concerns,Dr. Smith was always available.Being on rotation,it was the luck of the draw he delivered my daughter.Dr. Smith stated that he really wanted to do so,because we had known each other for so long.I found out after my delivery,that all the doctors in the practice,wanted to delivery my daughter.I received a round of applause for being a good patient the entire time of my hospital stay.I would suggest to anyone seeking an OB/GYN to make an appt. with Dr. Smith.His practice/office is like being with family.Dr. Smith is warm and friendly.Speaks with you,not at you.Unless there is an emergency,you will not wait long in the office.I always arrived early.Hence a 15 minute wait time listed.They have excellant reading material and two very large,comfortable waiting rooms.Dr. Smith loves gardening/working in his yard.If you have plants to share,he will be your best friend for life.Also,people will think you have the most expensive gardener in town,as he will come to you home to collect,if offered.

Posted on January 20th, 2017