Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Best OBGYN in the 4 states show details Best OBGYN in the 4 states
by Stacy on Feb 9th, 2015

Dr Lacey has delivered all of my children and I would not go any where else , His Bedside manner is great and explains every thing and makes you feel very comfortable and at ease. I have recommended him to a number of people and plan to stay with him for my next child

Amazing Doctor show details Amazing Doctor
by Karen P. on Mar 19th, 2013

I moved to Missouri in 2003 and I was 7 months pregnant with my second child. Doctor Lacey agreed to take me as a patient before i even got here knowing nothing about me. He did a wonderful job with that pregnancy as did he with my 3rd and 4th pregnancies. I highly recommend him. He also gives the BEST epidurals! All my pregnancies were high risk. I went into premature labor with my daughter at only 19 weeks gestation and he managed to get the labor stopped. All my kids were born very healthy! Excellent Doctor!

Feb 2nd, 2013

What a Great Doctor! Very Friendly, caring and he was awesome in the delievery room. Highly Recommended!

Awesome Doctor! show details Awesome Doctor!
Jun 22nd, 2012

I love Doctor Lacey. He was awesome and listened to what I had to say. He is very down to earth. I would go back to him again!

Worst experience in my entire life! show details Worst experience in my entire life!
Sep 15th, 2011

I had the worst experience with this doctor! 3rd degree tear! Separated pelvis! I am still suffering complications that were blatantly ignored when asked about. I went to another OBGYN after my delivery and was told that I may suffer permanent damage as a result. This doctor also forgot to give me paperwork to get my blood work started and I ended up getting it done a month late. They also forgot my 2nd Hep B test. If I woulnt have reminded them two weeks after I was supposed to have it, I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten it at all. The nurses were very nice while at the office. Getting any help through phone calls was impossible. Office visits were not on time as mentioned above. There were times that i waited over 30 minutes in the waiting room and up to an hour in the exam rooms. I know people who had okay experiences with Dr. Lacey. Most would say that his bedside manner is very short, he is very blunt and rude, and to be prepared for an induction and delivery on his lunch break. Wish I would've heard that before I chose him. What happened to me could've been avoided or, at the very least, been as simple as another referral...which I only received after I set everything up myself including finding a specialist. He basically told me that any pain I had was normal and "welcome to motherhood". Substandard care.

LONG TIME PATIENT show details LONG TIME PATIENT
Aug 5th, 2011

I was very fortunate to have Dr Lacey as my obgyn for the delivery of my second child 20 plus years ago. I respect this gentleman as one of the kindest and most caring doctors around. I will not let him retire as I am sure the majority of his patients will agree!!! He is the best around and we are extremely fortunate to have this quality of doctor and person in the Joplin medical community. Thank you, Dr Lacey, for all you do!!! You are da best!!!! :)

Prenatal patient show details Prenatal patient
May 17th, 2011

Dr. Lacey and his staff is very caring, and knowledgable. Bedside manner is excellent and he always takes time to listen to his patients and ease any concerns!