Dr. Hugh Mai MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.8

May 10th, 2013
I was originally referred to Dr. Mai by O'Connor Hospital referral service. I have been seeing him for the past 2 years, and at every visit, he would spend a lot of time talking to me about my problems rather than shuttling me out the door within 15 mins like other offices. I eventually underwent and EGD about 6 months ago and was so relieved that it went smoothly. I recently referred my sister to him for her stomach problems which turned out to be H. Pylori. After a few months on medications and follow up, her lab tests just came back negative for H. Pylori last week and she couldn't be happier.

November 6th, 2011
Dr. Mai is a great doctor! I came in, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Dr. Mai very patiently answered all my questions, and it was very clear that he spends a lot of time to help his patients. He's very nice and very thorough. He did a colonoscopy for me a few weeks ago, and he made it less scary. He didn't try to push the procedure on me, but really let me go home and think it over with my family. I went into the procedure confidently and came out with good results. I'd definitely recommend him to my friends!

April 26th, 2011
I am so glad I found Dr. Mai
I was referred to Dr. Mai via a friend and I can't say enough about him. He always takes time to answer all of my questions, no matter how silly it may seem, gave me all options available to me and then gave me time to process them without pushing for any procedures I did not feel comfortable with. Over all, I wish all my doctors are like Dr. Mai.

August 15th, 2010
He's an excellent doctor!

July 25th, 2009
endoscopy nurse
Dr. Hugh Mai is one of the best GI docs in San Jose California...I worked at SAn Joae Hospital Endoscopy for 23 years and all I can say he does my colonocopy and also my daughter and many friendsMust I say more