A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Hugh McCormick:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Hugh McCormick is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Hugh McCormick, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. McCormick graduated from UMDNJ, Newark.
Dr. McCormick has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Riverside Walter Reed Hospital
- Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. McCormick accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Sentara Health Plans - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Hugh B. McCormick practice?
Dr. Hugh McCormick practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology near Newport News, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Gloucester, VA and Hampton, VA.
See Newport News Internists and Newport News Cardiologists.