A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Hugh McElderry:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Hugh McElderry is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. McElderry
Deep Vein Thrombosis Patient Education Learn all about symptoms and treatments for deep vein thrombosis by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. McElderry Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Hugh McElderry, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. McElderry graduated from University of South Carolina , Columbia. He has 4 awards.
Dr. McElderry has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Uab Highlands
- Uab Medical West
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Hugh Thomas McElderry MD is a male Internist, has 14 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- Where does Dr. Hugh T. McElderry practice?
- Dr. Hugh McElderry has 2 office locations.
Dr. Hugh McElderry practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology near Birmingham, AL.
See Birmingham Internists and Birmingham Cardiologists.