Surgical Specialist, Neurological Surgeon
Video profile

neck and spine surgery show details neck and spine surgery
by J S Keller on Feb 19th, 2015

Dr. Moncreif operated on my neck in 05 c2 thru c7 everything went fine Then he operated on my spine t1 t2 left me with myelopathy from my waist to my toes, pain doctor said will NEVER go away Then he went lower to L4 L5 and removed a big chunck of arthritis which he said was there for a long time,BUT It left me with my spine leaning to the right, I am incontinent and damaged nerves still have myelopathy like a tight rubber band around my waist, I feel as though he has crippled me, I am only 60 amd using a walker because of Dr. Hugh Moncreif

Nov 21st, 2014

He removed a brain tumor I had. He was very caring. Answered all my questions.

Aug 28th, 2014

I don't feel rushed. He listens to me. Schedules my MRI's the same morning of my appt with him so that I don't have to come back another time, to make it convenient for me.

Jun 27th, 2012

He was topflight. Another Dr. said I needed rods, screws and fusion. He said I did not and I did not. After surgery all pain was relieved, I have been pain free for 4 years and I can do anything I want without back discomfort. Just excellent overall.

Sep 28th, 2011

He is the best. Very professional, down to earth and a man of few words.

Jun 24th, 2010

had an excellent experience with him, did brain sx on my husband, we loved him, he was so patient and kind, never in a hurry, and Jan, his assistant was just as wonderful

Bad Temper show details Bad Temper
Jan 7th, 2009

DR.s Should realize that some patients can still be somewhat alert while under anestetic & can hear the DR. when/if they make negative statements.

The Best show details The Best
by Leslie on Apr 20th, 2008

Diagnosed my problem quickly and proceeded to treatment that saved my life. He listened carefully and accurately to what I said. Previously I had been told the problem was "all in my head", Moncrief astutely noted that although it was literally true (hydrocephalus), it was not what the previous doctors had meant. He is very witty.

> > > > Patient Reviews