Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
by norman henry on Nov 7th, 2014

I have had a complete knee replacement and a complete hip replacement done by Dr. Morris and both procedures were a complete success. He came to the hospital to see me every day that I was there after these procedures to check how I was doing and to encourage me. I highly recommend Dr. Hugh Morris if you are considering a knee or hip replacement.

|  Fully rehabilitated hip  |  show details
by Marshall on Jan 27th, 2013

I was extremely impressed with Dr. Morris 's experience, knowledge and candor about the hip replacement process. I vetted him thoroughly and he is top in his field. Very introspective by nature, don't let this throw you off. This man is the best. You want laughs, rent an Adam Sandler movie

|  Nasty Man  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2012

I went to Dr. Morris to see about total knee replacement in my right knee. I am a plus-sized older woman. Dr. Morris was very unfriendly right from the moment he entered the room. He looked like he had a hangover. I told him of my extreme knee pain. He told me I was too fat for the surgery and I would have to lose weight or he wouldn't operate. I told him of my lifelong history of diets failing me. He became insulting and belittling and told me he wasn't going to ruin his good record by operating on me because he knew it (the operation)would fail because of my weight. I left his office in tears and went to another doctor at another hospital who performed the operation and NEVER mentioned my weight and that was in 2009 and this is 2012. I'm pain free and running around like a kid again. Dr. Hugh Morris is bigoted against fat people, so if you're fat, stay away from him...He is mean spirited and nasty...and should not be a doctor.

Doctor's Response

All patients are seen in a sensitive and private setting. Reviews are important but unfounded insults and name calling have no place on a professional rating site. The truth is, the risk of major complications such as infection and blood clots (which could cause death) are 4X or more higher in patients that are severely overweight per CDC and NIH guidelines. Not informing a patient of a modifiable risk before surgery is not only unfair to the patient but unethical and improper.

Nov 23rd, 2011

Good office, good practice. The Doctor is knowledgable, but cold as ice. Probably skipped the bed side manner class of medical school.

|  Hip replacement 3/20/2011  |  show details
Apr 26th, 2011

I cannot speak highly enough about Dr. Morris and his expertise. He performed my hip replacement 7 weeks ago and the results have been incredible! His skill, experience and knowledge are first rate. He carefully evaluates you and your lifestyle and plans from there what type of implant to use. I received a 42mm ball which is large and affords maximum flexibility. His experience enables him to stabilize the joint area, permitting rapid recovery. I had no muscles cut during the process. Dr. Morris does not use the relatively new minimally invasive techniques that have been developed, so don't expect that. My recovery results though were fast! Now, 7 weeks after surgery, I am free of using a walker or cane, I swim 40 minutes every day and take multiple long walks. In short, he has given me my life back! I would recommend Dr. Morris to anyone needing hip or knee replacements. The one thing about Dr. Morris that some may find disconcerting is he is not "chatty" during your office visits (what you might call his bedside manner). He is very professional and gets right to the point. So don't expect idle chit chat during your visits. If you can get him to smile or laugh, you have truly accomplished something! But beneath that seemingly gruff exterior, Dr. Morris is 110% concerned about his patients and doing absolutely right by them. As for his staff, and the office staff of Jewett Orthopaedic Center, they are all first rate, seasoned, experienced, professional and a pleasure to work with.

Apr 12th, 2007 on yahoo.com

He Can FIX-IT: No matter what you broke he can fix it. He can also fix other Orthopods screw-ups. Not many people know this fabulous Physcian invented a hip replacement system that has revolutionized total hip procedures. It uses no glues thus making it l

Read Full Review at yahoo.com