Dr. Hugh Morris Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Hugh Morris?

Posted on October 14th, 2015

Dr.Morris was excellent and very Professional. I had a Hip replacement and I am back to work as a server in 6 weeks like he promised. Just follow his instructions . He knows what is best for you and will get you back to normal as fast as he can.Totally the best doctor in his field!!!!

Did not read my medical history before giving inaccurate medical advice

Posted on September 11th, 2015

He did not read my medical history before giving me medical advice that would have put me in the hospital. He told me to cut all carbs from my diet. I have a rare blood disorder, fully documented on the paperwork I gave him, that states I have to be on a HIGH carbohydrate diet. He told me to cut out meat and eat beans and fresh fruits and vegetables which contradicts my GI doctor because I have Crohn's disease, which again was fully documented on the paperwork I gave to him . When I tried to explain both of these conditions verbally to him, he would not listen to me.

So sorry I went to Dr. Morris

Posted on May 8th, 2015

I have been going to Jewett Ortho Clinic for 38 years. I played sports for 35 years and had many ortho problems. I've had both shoulders operated on by Dr. Brian Bernard, wonderful Physician! Back surgery by Dr. Munson, again a wonderful experience. Very successful knee surgery by Dr. Krumins. Very complicated wrist surgery by Dr. Fenichel, that was very successful and he was a most concerned Doctor. My recent appointment with Dr. Morris was shocking! I went because of hip and groin pain. He entered the room in a hurry, asked me two questions, I hardly got the words out of my mouth, and he said you need Xray. I had the Xray and then returned to the room. My daughter had come with me, because we have hereditary hip problems in our family. She and her son have had hip surgery. Dr. Morris came back in the room, he looked at the Xray and said you have bursitis. My daughter tried to address the possibility of the inherited hip issue, and he cut her right off. Looked at me and said, do you want a shot of cortisone? I tried to ask a question and he said do you want a shot or not. I said yes. He left the room and came back, gave me the shot, told me to ice my hip every day. Then he started out the door, I asked if I needed a follow up appt. and he said no, I don't need to see you any more. My daughter and I sat there in total shock. Not only was he rude, I had a couple more questions I wanted to ask. When I left there I felt fine, and drove home. An hour later I went for my yearly checkup at the Dermatologist. When I got out of the car, I could not move my left leg. It felt like it was totally asleep. Like when you get Novocain at the dentists office. It was scary. I got out of the car and had to drag my left leg, and I had a hard time pulling my left leg up the step to the curb. I hobbled in to the office holding on to trees and walls. When I got in there, I told the nurse and she said the numbing shot that Dr. Morris gave me before the cortisone injection, must have drained down into my leg, ankle and foot. I was there about an 1 1/2 hours and when I left I needed help to get to the car. I drove home, thank goodness it was not my driving leg. I did not get the feeling back for a couple of hours after I got home. Why wasn't I warned of this side effect? I would never have driven to my other appt., if I had known that was a possibility. Since that time my groin pain is as bad as it was when I went to Dr. Morris. He never addressed the groin pain and I never got to ask a question about it. I now have an appt. with another hip Dr. & I will never recommend Dr. Morris to anyone.

I Wish I Had Gone To A Different Doctor

Posted on April 30th, 2015

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone that I know. For a first visit I went with a brief history of what brought on my knee problem and prepared a few questions for Dr. Morris. He wasn't interested in listening to any history at all. He immediately started to hurry me by asking what's going on with your knee today. He was in a hurry from the start. He looked at my x-ray, moved the knee around, and gave me a diagnosis. I asked him a question about one of his observations. He sharply answered "I TOLD YOU ALREADY" and continued to answer my question. He was finished with my exam in 5 short minutes. Very poor manners, I left with questions, very unfriendly. I actually had to ask his nurse a couple of my simple, unanswered questions after he left. If you want the best, Dr. Morris is not that.

Posted on November 7th, 2014

I have had a complete knee replacement and a complete hip replacement done by Dr. Morris and both procedures were a complete success. He came to the hospital to see me every day that I was there after these procedures to check how I was doing and to encourage me. I highly recommend Dr. Hugh Morris if you are considering a knee or hip replacement.

Fully rehabilitated hip

Posted on January 27th, 2013

I was extremely impressed with Dr. Morris 's experience, knowledge and candor about the hip replacement process. I vetted him thoroughly and he is top in his field. Very introspective by nature, don't let this throw you off. This man is the best. You want laughs, rent an Adam Sandler movie

Nasty Man

Posted on November 18th, 2012

I went to Dr. Morris to see about total knee replacement in my right knee. I am a plus-sized older woman. Dr. Morris was very unfriendly right from the moment he entered the room. He looked like he had a hangover. I told him of my extreme knee pain. He told me I was too fat for the surgery and I would have to lose weight or he wouldn't operate. I told him of my lifelong history of diets failing me. He became insulting and belittling and told me he wasn't going to ruin his good record by operating on me because he knew it (the operation)would fail because of my weight. I left his office in tears and went to another doctor at another hospital who performed the operation and NEVER mentioned my weight and that was in 2009 and this is 2012. I'm pain free and running around like a kid again. Dr. Hugh Morris is bigoted against fat people, so if you're fat, stay away from him...He is mean spirited and nasty...and should not be a doctor.

Doctor's Response

All patients are seen in a sensitive and private setting. Reviews are important but unfounded insults and name calling have no place on a professional rating site. The truth is, the risk of major complications such as infection and blood clots (which could cause death) are 4X or more higher in patients that are severely overweight per CDC and NIH guidelines. Not informing a patient of a modifiable risk before surgery is not only unfair to the patient but unethical and improper.

Dr Morris - Excellent Doctor - wouldn't want anyone else doing hip-replacement surgery

Posted on May 24th, 2012

Posted on November 23rd, 2011

Good office, good practice. The Doctor is knowledgable, but cold as ice. Probably skipped the bed side manner class of medical school.

Hip replacement 3/20/2011

Posted on April 26th, 2011

I cannot speak highly enough about Dr. Morris and his expertise. He performed my hip replacement 7 weeks ago and the results have been incredible! His skill, experience and knowledge are first rate. He carefully evaluates you and your lifestyle and plans from there what type of implant to use. I received a 42mm ball which is large and affords maximum flexibility. His experience enables him to stabilize the joint area, permitting rapid recovery. I had no muscles cut during the process. Dr. Morris does not use the relatively new minimally invasive techniques that have been developed, so don't expect that. My recovery results though were fast! Now, 7 weeks after surgery, I am free of using a walker or cane, I swim 40 minutes every day and take multiple long walks. In short, he has given me my life back! I would recommend Dr. Morris to anyone needing hip or knee replacements. The one thing about Dr. Morris that some may find disconcerting is he is not "chatty" during your office visits (what you might call his bedside manner). He is very professional and gets right to the point. So don't expect idle chit chat during your visits. If you can get him to smile or laugh, you have truly accomplished something! But beneath that seemingly gruff exterior, Dr. Morris is 110% concerned about his patients and doing absolutely right by them. As for his staff, and the office staff of Jewett Orthopaedic Center, they are all first rate, seasoned, experienced, professional and a pleasure to work with.

Posted on March 5th, 2017