Dr. Hugh Pabarue, MD
Internist, Pediatrician, General Practitioner
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Educator/ Administrator show details Educator/ Administrator
by Jacqueline G. Brown (Jacci) on Mar 2nd, 2016

My experience with Dr. Pabarue was excellent. My veins were causing much aching and discomfort. Dr. Pabarue in my opinion was excellent in explaining the procedure and very professional in the completion of the entire process. I have recommended him to my family and friends.

I miss my doctor!! show details I miss my doctor!!
by Mandy B on Jul 25th, 2013

I've been a patient of Dr Pabarue's since he came to the Port Huron clinic and I'm stunned by his sudden departure from the clinic! I agree with the other patients, I would like to know where he is practicing now so I can follow him to that office because in my entire life I've never met a more compassionate and caring doctor. He has always treated me the way a doctor should treat his patients- with respect and courtesy. It's so hard to find a physician with whom you feel so comfortable and trust so much, and I know I may never find another. I truly he stays in Port Huron and continues seeing adults, I know he specializes in peds. I miss my favorite doctor!!!!

Long time patient show details Long time patient
by Vicki on Jul 18th, 2013

I really believe he is the best dr I have ever been to has really helped me and my family sorry he is no longer at this office. Would like to know where he is so I could continue in his care

Certified Medical Assistant show details Certified Medical Assistant
by J, Bryant on Jun 6th, 2013

I just want everyone to know how much Dr. Pabarue loves what he does. As a patient and previous co-worker I would trust no one else with my life. He has been my doctor from pretty much the start and still is. I have worked and met other Doctors who loose the passion for why they got into the field, those are the Doctors I would question, remember you want them to inform you of what's wrong and explain, in the words a patient can understand. Dr. Pabarue has always done that, and if ever there is a problem, remember no one can change something they don't know about. So as far as my recommendation ABSOLUTELY without a doubt!

Oct 30th, 2012

Long wait for poor service. Do NOT recommend this so called dr.

Doctor's Response

It is a rare occurrence to have a long wait at this office. There are days when you have events that occur which put me behind. Most patients who have come to our office often compliment us on how fast and kind we are here. If you felt that you received poor service the day you were in, I encourage you to call and talk to me or our office manager so that your questions/medical needs are addressed to your satisfaction. I am all about providing excellent medical care so when I see a review such as this one, I want to make sure that all issues are appropriately addressed in a timely manner.

Oct 10th, 2011

The first two visits went well, I have fybro which I was diagnosed with in 2007, the Dr. I was with moved out of town and I had to find another Dr and this lead me to Dr. Pabarue. My last and final visit he was rather quick and harsh I felt I was treated as an extreme junky, I had done all the the numerous test he required which all came back good. After 4 visits and several hundred dollars spent on tests I did not have a trusting relationship with him.

Doctor's Response

As a physician, I try to provide my patients with excellent medical care and pride myself on doing so. I am truly sorry that you had that experience at my office. Fibromyalgia and chronic pain are difficult for many physicians to comfortably treat. Often, patients come on a list of of controlled substances that really do not get you better in the long run. My goal is to explore other avenues to get fibromyalgia and other pain syndromes controlled rather than just prescribing a pill and sending you on your way. This does you no good. Also, I look at what has been done in the past to exclude other diagnoses. If I find that a patient has not had proper work-up for a medical condition, it is my duty to exclude other possibilities that might explain why a patient's condition failed to improve with standard medical therapy. Documenting that those conditions have been excluded, it what any physician would do. This includes blood tests, x-rays, and other imaging and diagnostic studies. I review each patient's past medical records to determine what is needed and often want these records first before I just write a prescription and have them leave the office. I also like to see what medications have been tried in the past so that, perhaps, a new path can be taken. Medicine is a dynamic field and always has new treatment guidelines and technology advances. I want to do the patient justice by doing a thorough evaluation of a patient's medical history so that I can form a more dedicated plan of care. To me, this is good medicine. To Anonymous, I think that perhaps you misunderstood the purpose of what I was trying to do. I probably asked you to provide me with records before I would write your prescriptions. As an office, we also have policies and guidelines that we must follow in use of controlled medications like narcotics. It is essential that we have proper documentation to determine the need for long term use. This medications are supposed to be used short term. Long term use can lead to drug dependence and tolerance. I often will seek the advice of a physician who devotes their practice to care of patients with chronic pain. I do this so that patients can get the best long term care possible and be provided with the best medication and other therapy so that they can improve and have a better quality of life. So Anonymous, I will continue to provide good care to my patients at the currently recommended medical standard. Honestly, as primary care physicians, we see a lot of patients who are not honest and doctor shop or exaggerate their physical ailments in order to get medications that have "street value". It is up to us to make sure that every patient is screened for substance abuse as part of our history and physical examination. If a patient is on chronic controlled medications, sometimes we have to look at the past medications tried, the pattern of medication use, what kind of doctors (and their specialty) has a patient seen in the past, and, sometimes, randomly drug test patients to determine whether a patient is being honest and sticking to the plan of care. Certainly, taking medications and drugs without your doctor's knowledge can cause serious medical problems, including death. I have many, many patients who come to me because I provide good medical care. I look out for my patients and see what I can do to make this individual patient better. I will continue to do do so.

Jul 9th, 2011

Excellent bedside manner, down to Earth, and very knowledgeable. Spent time with me going over test results and evaluating options for treatment and further testing. Helped me understand what was going on in simple terms that I could understand. Cautious about overmedicating and very current on state of the art treatments. Takes a holistic approach, not just medications but also lifestyle changes (diet, exercise, phycical therapy, etc.) for treating my diabetes. I have never been rushed out of the exam room. Great staff and very helpful. Call backs usually the same day. If anyone wants a primary care doctor to take care of the whole family, he's a keeper!

Doctor's Response

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is good to know that, as your physician, I am providing good medical care.

Nice Staff Good MD show details Nice Staff Good MD
Feb 4th, 2011

I got in really quick. Looking forward to my Follow up.

Great Doctor! show details Great Doctor!
by Susan Harden on Dec 28th, 2010

I have been to many doctors in my life and Dr. Pabarue is by far THE BEST one that I have ever been to! He listens, understands, asks questions, spends enough time so that you feel taken care of, is caring, compassionate, knowledgeable and professional. He makes 10 minutes with him feel like 30 and takes care of business. He knows and remembers your case. Makes sure that you get follow-up care. A !!

Doctor's Response

Thank you, Susan, for your kind words. It is not often that we receive compliments like this. I try to make medicine simple for patients to understand and listen to what they present to me so that I can help them in the best way that I can. I hope all is well.

by Amanda Borts on Dec 3rd, 2010

i have nothing but good to say about Dr.Pabarue. He had helped me in so many ways, even doing things out of the kindness of his heart just to help out a patient in need. hes friendly and will take how ever long he needs to in the office untill all your needs and questions are answered and actually explains how things work n opperate and over all just a good man who takes well care of his patients..I enjoyed my 5 ys as his patient and my daughters doctor.I wish him best of luck to his new location and true happiness

by Sam K on Feb 9th, 2009

Dr. Pabarue is the best! I refer all my friends and family to him.