Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore.
 |  We Love Dr. Powell  |  show details
by nakayla bissette on Mar 17th, 2014

dr powell and nurses are very sweet and concerned they take their time with the children but on the other hand their office staff is lacking , can be rude and short with clients

|  F-V Peds and Dr Powell  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2014

Overall we have had a good experience with this office... We have three young girls, so we have been in this office a lot over the last 5 years. First and for most our girls health has been very good, so our experience with the office has been fairly routine heath care (ear infection, rash, bump & scratch stuff). One of our daughters has Down Syndrome, and our Doc (Powell) handles her needs very well. He is not afraid to say "I don't know" and refer her to a specialist if need be. Overall, Dr. Powell is excellent. He is "old school" and we love it. Our kids really like him, too! Now the office staff is a different story...the desk folks are often less than friendly. To be fair, this clinic sees a tremendous number of kids. It is always full and a crazy place...so I can see how the office folks could get a bit stressed. Nurses are fine, no real issues with this group...we have seen many over the last 5 years and they all have done well. We have seen other doctors at this clinic and they are great...but we always ask to see Dr. Powell first...he is great!

|  Special Needs Know-How  |  show details
by Mercy on Dec 24th, 2013

Dr. Powell is the most knowledgeable doctor in our area regarding Down Syndrome, my son's diagnosis. He knows when to check for specific issues that face children like ours and he is very direct, even if the things he says are not what I want to hear! Dr. Powell is cautiously optimistic and very REALISTIC regarding our son's disability and, in a world where we trip over ourselves to never offend or discourage, our family NEEDS Dr. Powell to give us the straight scoop.

|  Great with my 2 kids  |  show details
by John G on Aug 28th, 2013

-After reading some of these reviews I felt the need to write one of my own... 3 1/2 years ago when we had my son Dr.Powell came recommended to us by a friend... He has been absolutly wonderful for my son and my now 10 month old daughter... I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a doctor for their child.

|  love him  |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2012

i absolutely love him. my daughter was born premature and every since i brought her home he has been really helpful with her. he always explains everything to where i understand. and my daughter smiles when he walks. hes always been amazing with me.. i love this doctor.

|  Beware  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2011

Gets defensive and is short tempered when you ask questions. Condescending. Staff is not very friendly."Separate" sick area is inadequate

|  Dr from the Dark Ages  |  show details
by sis0881 at Citysearch on Nov 16th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Horrible! Dr. Powell is extremely rude, opinionated, and does not listen to the parents. He is very condescending and belittling when you ask questions. Expect to wait and not be greeted by the staff here for your appointments. Not to mention he is behind the times in the current medical statistics. Typically a Dr. with many years of experience would be a plus, but not this one, he is still practicing in the dark ages. There really isnt a separate sick waiting area that is closed off. The set up is NOT sufficient to keep uninfected babies separate from infected children and the sickwell patients are seen in the same rooms, travel the same halls, and check out in the well area.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  honest, sincere, old school doc-refreshing!  |  show details
by indyW at Citysearch on Sep 15th, 2011 on citysearch.com

The health of your child is this Dr`s priority not so much your feelings and I personally believe that`s the way it should be. If you not your child are sensitive or not willing to accept honestexperienced advice in the best interest of your childs health, this is not the Doc for you.Dr. Powell deserves 5 stars but frankly a couple of the desk staff and one nurse at the Fuquay clinic are cranky and either ill informed or just not concerned with your concerns.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Horrid Doctor  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Mar 27th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

|  Dr Powell = Very Rude and Unprofessional  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2010

Before even looking at my child during his 6 month well child check-up, Dr. Powell decided to berate my stance on slow tracking my babies vaccines. He was aggressive, cut me off when I spoke, and ultimately, walked out on the appointment. I did not instigate any of this confrontation and actually have no problem with vaccines. We just do them slower in case of any side effects. He was completely disrespectful and unprofessional. Very disgusted with him.

|  Superdoc!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Feb 4th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

We absolutely LOVE Dr. Hugh Powell! He has treated all four of our children. He is funny and a buddy to the children but always profession...

|  show details
Jan 13th, 2010

I would not recommend this practice. This office is not organized. Dr. Powell was very rude and unprofessional. He stepped less than 1 foot close to my face and was trying to intimidate me. The office loss my childs information from their file twice. When I needed it, they accused me of never providing it. Dr. Powell mishandled the situation with intimidation and disrespectfulness. He directed his staff to refuse to see my child. I have never experienced such unpleasantness. They quickly called in all the other patients so a staff member could finish up their unprofessional mission. Get rid of me so they wouldn't have to explain why they loss confidential records twice. Be ware Be verrrrry Aware. Dr. Dupruy is excellent. Dr. Powell I would revoke his licence. If a doctor can't control himself he should allow his office manager to resolve the issue.

|  Dr. Powell is Amazing!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jun 7th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

We had to switch pediatricians when my son was approx 9mos old and after realizing we didn`t have many to choose from in the area we chose F...

|  We love Dr. Powell  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jan 7th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

We love Dr. Powell at Fuquay Pediatrics! He is very caring, competent, and approachable when it comes to discussing our child`s health. He...