Dr. Hugh Lawrence Sauer MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 19 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology and Pediatric Ophthalmology.
A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Hugh Sauer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Hugh Sauer is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Hugh Sauer, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 3 Areas, including Lazy Eye Strabismus, Pediatric Ophthalmology, and Pediatric and adult strabismus surgery and Pediatric cataract surgery.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Sauer graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Sauer has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Putnam Hospital Center
- Montefiore Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Sauer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 2 plans
- HealthNow New York - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 15 plans
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
More Accepted Insurance