Dr. Hugh Sharp IV Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Hugh Sharp IV?

October 14th, 2015

The "Soup Naz(i)"...had to use parantheses because the site considered it "profanity"

Although I think Dr. Sharp is a good psychiatrist from a diagnosis & medication treatment standpoint, he has the personality of a wall. If you've ever seen the Seinfeld episode of the Soup Naz(i) where you are expected to act and speak only when spoken to, expect no facial expressions or sympathy from Dr. Sharp, and be looked down upon, then he is perfect for you. And I wouldn't expect courtesy from his phone staff; they always seem cold as if you always seem to be interrupting their day.

August 17th, 2015

Good experience

Dr. Sharp has been a great help to me and I appreciate his straight forward approach. His staff is always ready to help and they respond quickly to prescription calls or rescheduling. The office assistants aren't real talkative but let's face it, I'm not there to make friends. They are friendly and always welcome me and help me schedule my next appointment. I'm actually pleased they don't act fake and take their work seriously. I will be coming back as long as my insurance will cover.

August 17th, 2015

Excellent Doctor and helpful staff. They always return my phone calls and call in my refills very quickly. Easy to schedule appointments.

November 22nd, 2014

Learn to rad reviews from other people

This man probably could truly be a nice man just depending on who it is too. I will keep this short and simple I have a lot of issues dealing with anxiety and depression and PTSD and let's say he made me fe worse then I ever have felt out of 28 years of living. He did nothing for me as well as judged me. He has ruined it for me believing there is help out there for me and has dug my depression while a lot deeper. I am very numb by his way of showing "care" and as a doctor. You go to these types of doctors for help, not to feel worse about everything and not receive help when you are crying and begging for it. There are other doctors out there. This one isn't even worth your time plus he doesn't take insurance . For him to make me feel like a piece of crap on the floor, it cost 220 and I have two different insurance. Thank you dr. Sharp as I cry myself to sleep tonight and feel there is no hope for anything.

April 19th, 2014

Dr. Sharp has honesty and integrity

I have been seeing Dr. Sharp for about 5 years and he has been extremely helpful. He does not just listen and throw a prescription at you, he actually tries to diagnose the underlying issues, and then resorts to prescriptions when necessary. He offers advise on how to overcome problems so patients may eventually be weened from medications, if possible. My insurance recently dropped his network. However, I will be staying with him because of his integrity. I will leave it at that. Thanks Dr. Sharp!

January 23rd, 2014

The doctor that could care less!

I have seen Dr. Sharp for a while now, and he just dropped me because I have missed some appointments. My life is crazy and he knows that this is a problem I have been dealing with...financially and mentally. He does not give you the time of the day during your appointments. It is hard to tell him what is truly going on in your life because he makes you feel like he is judging you. I called him one time when it was the weekend to tell him that I was feeling suicidal, and he ended up yelling at me for not calling earlier in the week when he was in the office. I felt worse and even more suicidal after I got off the phone with him, and I hated coming in that Monday to talk to him. I know that it was my fault for missing some appointments, but I had to pay him anyway...$100.00 per visit! I was upset when his rude receptionist told me that he dropped me, but now I am actually relieved. I do not have to worry about him getting on my case about it, and I can find another doctor that I feel comfortable with.

August 19th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Sharp for 7 years. I find him to be intelligent and caring. I saw several doctors before him and he was the one who finally correctly diagnosed my bipolar disease. He is also the only doctor I have seen who I trust. He listens and makes me feel he cares. I have required many adjustments in medication. Dr. Sharp has been patient and worked diligently to make corrections as needed. If I call, he always calls back on the same day. I feel I get very good care from Dr. Sharp and I would reccomend him to anyone who is seeking excellent psychiatric care.

August 12th, 2013

Anonymous

I did not feel comfortable with Dr. Sharp. I can't even report how knowledgable I feel he is because he didn't talk enough for me to form an opinion. I wanted explanations for certain things and would attempt to coax this out of him, only to be met with very short, incomplete answers. At my last appointment, I was sitting in his chair, distraught, crying, desperate for answers and/or help and he shut my folder and stood up to end the appointment. He has no sympathy what so ever. Did not even attempt to comfort me. I was not looking for someone to hug me and feel sorry for me but at the same time, at least nod your head in an understanding manner! I am on my 4th or 5th medication change with no results yet, I do not consider this his fault necessarily but have noticed that he persists in trying the exact same class/types of meds rather than moving on to something else even though the 4-5 attempts have been unsuccessful. I also felt it a bit distasteful that after the thousands of dollars I have paid Dr. Sharp, he actually charged me $5.00 to call a prescription in to the pharmacy for me, actually, he didn't even make the call, his receptionist did. Speaking of his receptionist...I have encountered one that was very polite but the one that is there most often is rude and cold, I guess birds of a feather flock together. I left Dr. Sharps office last week in tears, feeling embarrassed and as if he didn't like me for some reason. I will not be going back. Just my opinion of course but an honest one. Good luck!

November 25th, 2011

Dr. Sharp is intelligent, intuitive and helpful. He listens, is interested in my opinions and comments. He will work with you to get you on the right meds. I think he is extremely knowledgeable about meds, as he should be, and he treats me well.

July 29th, 2011

Doctor Sharp is a decent and polite man, but I do not feel I can be 100% honest with him. This is because he does not seem to trust me. Maybe he feels he needs to practice defensive medicine, but I have never lied to him. There were two specific incidents where I felt I was being mistreated.

March 26th, 2009

I've been with Dr. Sharp for 8 years. During this time for different reasons i have also seen other psychiatrists. Dr. Sharp is #1 in my book. All others pale in comparison.

January 20th, 2017