Dr. Hugh Willcox MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 8th, 2015
Amazing Doc
If you need surgery-- go to Dr. Willcox! Hands down, the best surgeon out there!

October 16th, 2012
He is a wonderful surgeon. He shows that he really cares about his patients and has a wonderful bedside manner. I would recommend him to everyone.

September 18th, 2012
The best doctor I ever had. He was with me through my entire 2 year recovery period.
Dr. Wilcox and is a caring doctor with a lot of knowledge and skill. He diagnosed me before other doctors could. He was with me throughout my entire recovery -- over 2 years. Thank you so much Dr. Wilcox.

June 22nd, 2012
Saved my life
I was in Columbia on a business trip and began having abdominal pain. I went to the baptist emergency room and they called Dr. Wilcox because I had ruptured my appendix. He came down very quickly and admitted me to the hospital. Within a few days I was eating, walking and went home feeling much better. I Don't know what I would have done without his help.

September 16th, 2011
Wow.
Had a vary positive experience with Dr. Willcox and his staff. He took the time to sit down with me and explain the procedure and gave me more than enough time to ask questions.

June 1st, 2011
Caring and Dedicated Surgeon
I recently had an abcess of the small bowel drained at Palmetto Baptist Health hospital. Dr. Willcox was assigned to me in the ER when, at the time, the problem was undiagnosed. Dr. Willcox expertly diagnosed my situation, then led a team of doctors that treated me for 8 days in the hospital. Dr. Willcox was nothing but professional and caring. He is an excellent doctor. He was both fair but also firm in his medical advice, something I needed greatly. If you are fortunate enough to have Dr. Willcox as your surgeon, you will have an excellent doctor taking care of you.

February 23rd, 2011
I had a very positive experience with Dr. Willcox. He has an amazing bedside manner. Also I am very pleased with the incision sites. They are so small! He took out my colon and I was eating after only 3 days.

July 23rd, 2010
Proceedure Experience
I had a very bad experience with Dr. Wilcox. He performed a proceedure he was not qualified to perform. Now I have big scars on my leg, I am thousands of dollars in debt, and I must go elsewhere to have the problem fixed. Instead of admitting this was beyond his expertise, he decided to the the proceedure anyway. He has since referred me to someone else. He did admit he thought he know what to do and was wrong, but that does not help my debt from the proceedure, my pain, or the huge scars he left behind.

November 9th, 2009
Suzanne Lee
Thank you so much for the excellent care and service you provided me when I was in need of a critical surgery. You showed compassion and skill in treating me who is determined a high risk patient

July 26th, 2016