A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Paul Hughes:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Paul Hughes, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Hughes
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Hughes Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Paul Hughes, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Elbow Injuries
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Pain (Arthralgia)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Sports Medicine
- Tennis Elbow
Education & Awards
Dr. Hughes graduated from University of Southern California , Los Angeles. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Hughes has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Sequoia Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Paul Eliot Hughes MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 15 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Paul E. Hughes practice?
- Dr. Paul Hughes has 1 office location.
Dr. Paul Hughes practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine near San Mateo, CA.
See San Mateo Surgeons and San Mateo Orthopedic Surgeons.