A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Hugo Fernandez:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Hugo Fernandez, Hematologist, Blood amd Marrow Transplantation is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Hugo Fernandez, MD is board certified in Hematology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Fernandez graduated from University of Florida, Gainesville. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Fernandez has 3 hospital affiliations:
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Ins
- University of Miami Hosp & Clinics/Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Cntr
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Fernandez accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 30 plans