Dr. Hugo Lopez Negrete MD Patient Reviews

3.0

• Good
  • Bad

July 21st, 2016
WAS VERY RUDE. TOLD ME THE DOCTORS IVE BEEN SEEING FOR LAST 2 YEARS WERE JUST WASTING THEIR TIME. TOLD ME THAT IT WAS NONE OF HIS CONCERN IF I EVER WORKED AGAIN OR NOT

June 24th, 2016
Unprofessional!!
Talked bad about other doctors, did not talk about mri results or look at them, basically dismissed me . Said there is nothing he can do , did not recommend another doctor or anything . Rude bed side manner . Arrogant .

February 1st, 2016
Personally did not like
Dr was abrupt in his manner, and bad-talked previous medical care & diagnosis.

September 18th, 2015
Dr.Lopez sucks
This is the rudest quack I've ever seen. He hollered at me asking me why I was there? I would not recommend a dog go to him!!!

April 7th, 2015
this doctor saved my life in 1997. I am now facing another brain surgery and live now in Florida and i wish he were here.

February 16th, 2015
Very rude, And hard to understand.

February 9th, 2015
Dr. Lopez performed a multi-level laminectomy (cervical) on me almost 18 years ago. At first I thought he was a bit gruff, but shortly found we were getting along very well and I got everything I needed from him. His work was excellent, I followed his instructions completely and recovered fully. I was extremely pleased with my outcome.

March 20th, 2014
Knows his stuff.
Say what you will about his bedside manner, he knows what he is talking about. He IS blunt. So? If you really do have back problems this is the guy to go to. Do you really want someone to just start cutting on you without a high probability of success? If you just want sympathy and patronizing gibberish, don't bother. I would imagine that he can see through baloney, probably, better than any neurosurgeon in the area. Personally, I prefer the blunt talk and honest opinions.

February 24th, 2013
blessed
Very knowledgable, straight to the point which is good with these types of surgery, loved his personality and sense of humor, love his home visiting nurse following surgery, pleased with office staff. With the pain my husband was in and is now pain free is an answer to prayers. Dr. Lopez was a blessing for us. This is the second surgery he did on my husband, 20 years apart, and very happy both times.

November 9th, 2011
I administered anesthesia in a local hospital for many years(30) and was able to see this man in surgery for all of those years. I also saw "the others" and their work.. When it came time that I needed a couple Neuro surgeries, this man (Hugo) was the guy (Surgeon) I chose. I don't understand these other two reviewers and their rather trite complaints, and I'm sure that their experience could have been unpleasant, but then, they seemed all about "unpleasant!!!

August 12th, 2011
Very rude office staff. Staff does not return calls after they said they would. Very poor bedside manner of Dr. Lopez. All he wants to do is tests, tests and more tests and/or PT. Wanted to do a CT myelogram which I read was uncessary and useless since MRI has replaced it. Finally switched doctors and found someone much more caring and she took care of the problem.

November 29th, 2010
Worst Doctor EVER!!!!!!
Dr. Hugo Lopez Negrete has to be one of the worst doctors to ever practice medicine! His office is difficult to deal with and his bedside manner is less then humane. His english is so hard to understand and he doesn't take the time to even begin to listen to a patient. DO NOT CHOOSE THIS SURGEON! His work was not the best quality and when questioned he becomes defensive and irrate. He may have done good work 30 years ago, but don't make the mistake I did.....find a different neurosurgeon!