Hugo L Perez MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 26th, 2015
Dr. Perez was a great doctor. He talks with you before the exam and then after you talk to him in his office. He personally followed up with me after the visit as well. His staff is very nice and the wait was not long at all.

August 8th, 2013
Had a good experience when pregnant with my youngest son, now 6. Wait times were long, though. I went to him for a colposcopy recommended by my primary care doctor. The procedure was supposed to happen that day. The nurses had no idea why I was there to see him. Instead he reviewed my information since I hadn't been there in a few years. He gave me a brief vaginal exam. He said my changes of cervical cancer according to the results from my primary care's testing were low but they would go ahead with the colposcopy anyway. According to my research, this is a 15 minute procedure. He said he would perform it at the next visit. Huh? they wanted another office visit for a procedure I was supposed to get done that day. I made the appt and then cancelled. Several letters from their office came in the mail warning me to have the procedure or they would drop me as a patient. I called their accounting office to explain my displeasure with what went on. The lady said that he didn't do the procedure that day probably because they hadn't seen me in 5 years. I didn't think that should have mattered. I was here now. A registered letter came in the mail saying the office dropped me as a patient.

June 3rd, 2013
Excellent doctor, professional running office, friendly staff, they care about the patient and not just looking for the money. Dr Perez is trustworthy and his expertise is top notch. He preformed surgery on me and I feel better and happier that I have my health back. He's a God loving man;you can't go wrong with him.

November 1st, 2011
LATE LATE LATE
I understand that babies don't always arrive on time -- and when you're going to see an OB/GYN doctor, there are times when you might have to wait. However, when you make a point to be the first appointment of the day and the doctor shows up over an hour late every single time, there's a problem with tardiness. Not only is he late to arrive, but he double and triple books his patients so all the rooms are full when he arrives in the morning...thus creating an avalanche/domino effect of lateness. This doctor actually got into a screaming match with me at an appointment when I asked him for alternative solutions to a problem. I will never go back to this doctor.

May 20th, 2011
Excellent Doctor
I have been a patient of Dr. Perez for 11 years and he delivered my three children, 1 pregnancy of twins. He isn't just a Doctor, he becomes your friend. He is so caring, extremely knowledgeable, and always does a great job with everything. He is very thorough and I wouldn't trust any one else. There is no better than Dr. Perez.

September 14th, 2010
Great doctor
I have had nothing but good experiences with this doctor. He is competent, to the point, and has a sense of humor as well.

July 11th, 2010
Outstanding Professional
Dr. Perez came glowingly recommended by an anesthesiologist who knows from years of experience who are the best medical people in Tampa Bay.Through a variety of experiences I have found Dr. Perez knowledgeable, detail-oriented, concerned and very competent. What a relief to have such a conscientious and intelligent doctor for me and mine to lean on.

March 20th, 2010
I never had a male Dr. before and was very weary about it. But I hated all of my female Dr's throughout the years and thought it was worth a shot. Dr. Perez is the first Dr. I have actually liked in 20 years! He's very courteous, and sticks to business. He has always been available for questions.

March 3rd, 2010
DONT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!
I had a c-section when I gave birth to my son. Dr Perez left a egg size piece of placenta inside of me. Due to his negligence I have had many problems since then.