Dr. Hugo Salguero MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7
  • 13 reviews

September 26th, 2016
I've got CRPS/RSD he put me into remission
There was no pain while he did the procedure and I've been pain free for 5 years

August 22nd, 2016
Lousy Pain Doctor DO NOT GO TO THIS DOC
Dr. Salguero is rude, will NOT listen to his patients and gives the feeling that he already has you as an addict even after taking a urine test. When he wants to do a procedure he did not like it when I told him I wanted to discuss it with my surgeon first. I have had to take control of my serious injury for over 34 years now, and have made it a point to know what my body can take (relevant to pain meds), what procedures I have had and how they have helped or not, and have proven that I am NOT an addict and nor do I intend to become one (that's why I research, observe and write down reactions to medicines and procedures). If I had not been proactive with my doctors especially pain doctors, I would probably not have a liver, my kidneys would be shot, etc. This man is a complete JOKE and the office is constantly full of patients and a large percentage are elderly. I have talked with many of them and they are not happy with this doctor at all but have no other choice but to go to him. He has NOT relieved their pain, has ordered repetitive procedures. He does NOT like it when I call him on a pain med or a procedure and ask more questions. He does not like patient interaction, only wants patients to shut up and do what he says. I told him several times in the office visit that my surgeon did NOT want him to do a procedure at this time and he flat out ignored and said "we will try it for 3 days and if it doesn't work......" and repeated it 3 times when I told him "what did you not hear that I just told you that my surgeon said about this at this time?" He gave me a strong medication that I told him over and over and over again I could not take in that form. Refused to give me the medication that has successfully helped me and been documented to do so by saying "I don't prescribe that, you will become addicted to it". Really???? Hey doc your urine test already proved I am NOT addicted to it. In fact, I had not had it for several months since I had to change doctors due to long distance going to previous good pain doctor. I WOULD NOT TRUST, NOR RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR TO ANYONE.

May 8th, 2016
Been with him for 6 years
I have been with Dr. Salguero for 6 years and love him. I have followed him from his original location to one on 71st and now at the current location. He has bent over backwards to help me and he feels life family. I feel he always has my best interest at heart and i will stay with him as long as possible.

March 7th, 2016
There was only 1 woman in the office who was completely ride. She is [n the front line when u walk in. Walk in and she is the fartherest left. The other ladies are nice but she needs to be fired.

February 9th, 2016
Not impressed with this guy

January 8th, 2016
For my wife
The nursing staff are horrible, and the office manager Misty does not do her job. They have no compassion at all. I would never recommend this facility to anyone. The only good thing are the ladies at the front counter, they have been wonderful.

November 5th, 2015
Would have made a good research sci. or hands on racehorse vet.
Began with him at his previous clinic here in Tulsa, he moved on (I can understand that & respect that.), & thanks to Google, n a lil searching, rather than TRY to train another doctor, & have to RE-tell Y n what I did, n b preached to for what I'm not doing, following just seemed easier.

September 29th, 2015
He does not know what he is doing. He will not visit with you to let you know what is going on. Just after the money!

August 12th, 2015
Stay away, unless you like being treated horribly
Dr. Salguero's staff were very kind and compassionate. However, Dr. Salguero was completely rude and impatient. He was literally ushering me out the door as he was talking. I didn't get a chance to ask one question. When my husband and I recalled the entire experience and "follow up" phone calls to my primary dr- he was appalled. My primary dr told me to never go back to dr. Salguero & that he was immediately informing his office staff to "never refer any patients to him EVER again".

July 20th, 2015
My surgeon said Salguero has a bad reputation with pts.. and I understand why.
His assistant came in to see me. She was very caring and wonderful. He popped in the room for maybe 3-4 min. He was rushing to get me out of the office (i was the last pt of the day). He told me to use the refills my primary dr had given me on my ultram. So he didn't take over my pain med. I had a lumbar mri several days later (my primary dr ordered it) & after he had the results for an entire wk I called to see if he read it. He would not look at it & he insisted I have another that he ordered. I called the imaging place & it was the EXACT same mri I had a little over a wk prior. At the same phn call his nurse said he wanted me to cut down the dosage of ultram I had been taking. I didn't call about meds, however at the 1st appt with him I told him the ultram was not doing anything. I asked why he wanted to lower my dosage & the nurse said she didn't know- he did not tell her why. I have since seen a neurosurgeon & I have foot drop, urinary retention, numbness in my buttocks & hip. My mri shows osteoarthritis, severe degenerative disk disease, foraminal stenosis, and complete flattening of 2 discs. I have cord compression at several levels.. my back is severely messed up & I needed an understanding pain dr. He was rude & came across as uncaring.

March 4th, 2015
Legal drug dealers should be in prison
I agree with the rest of those who are telling you to stay away from this doctor if you have any choice at all. The parking lot stays full and patients go in and out almost every ten minutes. Tho the waiting room is full and people arrive consistently. He spent about 5 minutes with me first visit knowing nothing about my condition. I have the feeling I got the standard prescription as most that come in. Note: This is place is very heart breaking. There are so many elderly people trying to get relief for their conditions. that by their own mouth and actions could barley get around.

November 8th, 2013
Horrible Staff
I have had problems with this office and staff from the start. They are rude and don't listen to people. They scheduled me two appointments without my knowledge, then accused me of missing them and almost refused to see me. How can I go to an appointment I don't know about? I spoke to several people in the waiting room who told me the same thing had happened to them. The clinic manager is a nightmare! She is rude and does not listen to the patients. Every time I'm seen, it seems like there is a problem with my insurance. That's what the staff is for! To verify insurance prior to the appointment. The doctor is very nice and good at procedures, however I have to tell him what's wrong with me every time I go in. Shouldn't he know this? What's the point of having a medical record? He does not seem to care about my pain and has done nothing to help ease it. It seems like all he wants to do is procedures. I have excellent insurance, so naturally, I am nothing but a paycheck to them. After two years, I still have NO clue what my diagnosis is! Would NOT recommend!