Dr. Hui-Chon Kim MD Patient Reviews

3.6
  • 6 reviews

September 9th, 2015
Nothing but positives to say. So down to earth. Concerned and thorough.

October 25th, 2013
Happy with experience
I met with Dr. Kim for the first time yesterday, and was very satisfied with my visit. She asked a lot of questions about my symptoms and injury history, taking detailed notes in the medical group's online system, then proceeded with a thorough exam that included stretching/pressing movements before making a diagnosis. She also reviewed xrays that had been prescribed by my primary care physician. After prelimary diagnosis she gave me a short-term prescription for anti-inflammatory medicine and prescribed physical therapy. She asked me to follow up once that is underway. At no time during the visit did I feel rushed, which can be rare in a NYC doctor's office. She listened to what I had to say, treated me humanely, and I left feeling confident that she would be able to help me move past my injury. I found it easy to schedule the appointment (I contacted them at 212-726-7451) and I found the receptionist friendly and welcoming. All in all, I have no complaints.

August 29th, 2012
The secretary is very hard to get a hold of, and the phone system doesn't always patch you through to the voice mail although it's supposed to. That being said, my experience with Dr. Kim has been great. She's accurately diagnosed several issues I've had and always recommends non-invasive treatments first. I feel she is genuinely concerned with having my issues treated quickly and properly.

July 29th, 2012
disappointing waste of time and energy
The only times Dr. Kim made eye contact with me was upon initial contact and when leaving the room. She kept her back to me while typing on her computer and answered my concerns with "uh huh". She was very eager to prescribe me medications (a different one each time I visited her office, even though I told her I didn't want them), but not eager to discuss my medical history and the full extent of my injury. We tried and re-tried methods that did not work. She was dismissive, non-explanatory and unprofessional when she read over my MRI results, saying that she's seen worse and doesn't know why I'm in so much pain. If you think your condition may need more than some muscle relaxers and pain killers, see someone else.

July 20th, 2012
embarrassingly inept for being at a place with other good docs
I went with specific request, diagnosis, treatment recommendation & medical report. She cold not look at the whole picture of my injuries; something I expected from a physical med.dr. The treatment was geared only to pain relief. The report was so unprofessional, irrelevant, lacking of evaluative information; no response to my calls either. Frankly it blows my mind that she is still practicing with the poor communication, poor diagnosis & poor documentation,

September 3rd, 2009
Disappointing
My experience with Dr. Kim was disappointing. She seemed distracted when we met - just not fully engaged in trying to understand or diagnose my problem. My injury was hamstring and likely nerve related. She sent me for an MRI only for my back. When I later questioned her about why not also my leg, she got very defensive about how right she was. MRI says my back is fine, and she didn't have a suggestion for next steps. So I'm off now to see another doctor. I would not recommend her.