Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist,

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Apr 22nd, 2014

The doctor is fine. The wait times are TERRIBLE. I have always had to wait over an hour...even with an appointment. I understand running late but this is ridiculous. Now on to her wretched secretary. The woman is RUDE. I very rarely get through to a person. When I know she is sitting there. Then after I have to leave a dozen or so messages I may get a call back and when she does it is usually with contempt. She doesn't listen when you tell her things. If it wasn't for the patients these people wouldn't have a job. I think the doctor needs a new receptionist. This one is a horrid woman!

|  Worst in her profession  |  show details
by female on Feb 9th, 2014

Please consider going elsewhere. This doctor is incompetent, inconsiderate and has the worst bedside manner ever. That is not what you will want when needing someone to listen to your problems. Her front office help wouldn't even be able to get work at Burger King that is how incompetent they are. Go elsewhere and save yourself some time.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2013

Dr.Chowdhary has been a great help with my son. She was helpful when my son ran out of medication by calling him in enough to get him to his next appointment which was greatly appreciated. The office is quick to return calls and always calls to remind me of his appointments.

|  Horrible  |  show details
Oct 3rd, 2013

The only reason I go to her is because its hard to find someone in my area that accepts my insurance. Her office is rude and I was put in the middle of a dispute between them and the pharmacy and they wouldn't contact the pharmacy when both parties are saying the other person is incorrect. I had an appt and had been waiting for approximately 30 minutes. When I asked the receptionist how much longer it would be, I heard her tell the Dr. it seems like she is in a hurry. And I was called back 10 minutes later. Dr. Chowdary, spends about 95% of the appointment time asking questions and filling out something on her computer. She rarely looks at you and rarely asks anything about what is really going on with you. If its not on the questionnaire that she is obviously filling out on her computer it will likely not be asked.

|  Can't Even Get Them On The Phone.  |  show details
Sep 23rd, 2013

I've been trying for DAYS to get this doctor's office on the phone so that I can schedule an appointment. For a mental health professional to be so incapable of answering her phone is completely unacceptable. I can't get anyone to call me back, and I can't get anyone to answer. This is ridiculous. Way to lose money and NOT help people.

|  Consistant Scheduling Issues  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2013

Almost every time I had an appointment with Dr. Chowdhary, I would be sitting in the waiting room for an hour. Even when I attempted to make an appointment on what she said was her "non-busy day," I was wasting time in her office.

|  Best Psychiatrist  |  show details
by G.R. on Aug 7th, 2013

Dr. Chowdhary has been the best psychiatrist I ever had, and I have been seeing psychiatrists since I was 19. She is the only doctor who has ever talked with me and taken time to sit and listen to things going on in my life. I would definitely recommend her to anyone in need of her type of service. I am grateful to have her as my doctor.

|  Commenting on Previous Innaccurate Reviews  |  show details
by Cami K. on Jun 26th, 2013

I've been taking both of my sons to see Dr. Chowdhary for about 5 years now and never once in all of that time have we EVER had to wait more than 15 minutes. I find it quite hilarious that someone would come on here and claim that they always have to wait forever. Over-exaggerating much? As for answering the phone...the receptionist might not always be able to answer the phone because they stay busy there, but she always returns my phone calls and she is always very nice! As for Dr. Chowdhary, she is always a pleasure to speak with and we have really enjoyed having her as our doctor. I would highly recommend Dr. Chowdhary to anyone who is looking for a child psychiatrist! She is awesome and so is her staff!!

|  Excellent doctor!  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2013

Excellent. Dr.Chowdhary is the most thorough doctor. I have Been to for these issues I am dealing with. I am very pleased that she is my doctor.

|  Patient's Mother  |  show details
by Grace G.Q on Mar 24th, 2013

We are very happy to have Dr. Humera Chowdhary as [my son's] doctor. She really listens and shows that she cares. She takes her time and doesn't rush [him] out of her office. She shows much compassion and we love that she greets us with a smile. We greatly appreciate her.

|  A doctor who will take the time.  |  show details
by Sheila on Feb 22nd, 2013

We are very happy to have Dr. Chowdhary as our sons Doctor. She takes her time and shows compassion for our family. She always has a smile this helps my adult son who has suffered for years with mental illness. We greatly Appreciate her.

|  Glad to have her as my doctor  |  show details
by D W on Feb 15th, 2013

I was reffered to Dr Chowdhary by my previous doctor and I have been coming to her for 3 years I am doing very well. She listens to me and always is very patient towards me. I have always been very anxious but she helped me and I am doing the best right now. I feel lucky to have her my doctor.

by Parent of Patient on Jan 31st, 2013

This Doctor and her staff are rude, arrogant, and generally un-courtious to their clients. How anyone can be in human services but dislike humans I'll never know. She has never once been on time for an appointment. Her secretary never answers the phone and takes a minimum of 24 hours to return your call...Then it takes another 24 hours for her to get back to you with a reply. I'm not sure how her society in her old country justifies this behaviour but in America we should not ever put up with this kind of service.

|  Wonderful Experience  |  show details
by Patient- L.S. on Jan 30th, 2013

I've had a wonderful experience . I've come a long way since my mother passed away 4 years ago. The only regular medication I need and benefit from now is Vyvanse. Dr.Chowdhary is an excellent doctor. I'm really happy she's treated me for the last 4 years. The staff were perfect choices for the office. A experience in the doctor;s office.

|  Father  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2012

The Doctor is good if you can get past her secretary's inability to be helpful or follow-up. We have left numerous messages for the doctor or the secretary to call us back and they go unanswered.When you are with the doctor she is good at what she does but her office, waiting room, wait time and office staff are difficult at best.

|  Waiting  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2012

still waiting for them to call me back after leaving several messages to make an appointment. Are they even in business? They never answer the phone.

|  Bad experience!  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2012

She is always having her patients wait long times for the scheduled appointments. I hadn't heard from her for 7 months!!! I was continuing the same medication refill monthly come to find out they didn't even know because things were not filed in my records. I called three times and left messages every time to set up an appointment and never got a call back. I finally got a call back today (7months later) to come in and see her because she has to see me to refill my prescriptions. VERY unprofessional especially for a serious medical field such as mental illness. If a person with high blood pressure didn't meet with their doctor or get prescriptions filled on time they would have serious health problems which is EXACTLY the SAME for a person with a mental illness! I do not trust this doctor! To me she should be illegal and is very unethical.

|  Happy to be There  |  show details
Jan 4th, 2012

A friend and coworker told me about this doctor and I will tell others

Feb 20th, 2011

The only issue I have with this doctor is it is very hard to get someone to answer the phone. When you leave a voicemail you rarely get a phone call back.

|  doesnt care  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2010

This Dr must have skipped a ton of classes in school. She spent about 15 min with my kid and diagnosed him. Yes. 15 min. for the following days she saw him and spent anywhere from 5-10 min with him. Dodged all my calls and was unreachable. Terrible. She works at a rehab facility too, where patients don't get to choose their dr's! uphalling!

Apr 11th, 2010

Very rude! I wouldn't go to her ever again!