inactive

Hung-Chou Yen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.4

December 20th, 2014
Great Doctor
Dr. Yen delivered my baby. He was nice and kind all the way through my entire pregnancy. Many of these reviews on this board sound like the uncultured types from mainland China that come here to have an anchor baby. They complain about anything. I saw this first-hand in Dr. Yen's office. Those reviews are very inaccurate. Dr. Yen is very respected in Southern California.

November 8th, 2013
he make me suffer
When i telephone him and told him that i have water out below,Dr yen said it didn't matter,he didn't know it was water broken!!!So i waited 20 hours,till I couldn't hold the pain,then go to the hospital.When I came into hospital,it's too late,doctor said water broken for more then 20 hours,I must accept Caesarean section.

March 5th, 2013
Careless Doctor
I was referred by a friend to see Dr. Yen after I found out I am pregnant. I did research online to see any feedback about this Doc. Only one negative one. so I told myself to give it a try. I felt the staffs were very nice answering my phone call. So I am very excited to go to this doctor. After 2 visits I felt the doctor doesn't like to talk to me with eye contacts and did not give first time pregnant woman any suggestions what to take (like prenatal vitamins). All his office with full of 6-10months pregnant woman, so I felt he was careless about newbies. After second visit he told me the babe has heart beat. I was so happy to hear that. Later he said, something wrong with your egg..... then he stopped. He ordered the blood work and asks me:"did he prescribe progesterone?" I said no. Was that important that he could told me or prescribe me something my body/babe really needs two weeks before why now ? is that something wrong? He handed me the picture of ultrasound did not explain anything or recommend anything I should or shouldn't do. Funny thing is after 2 visits he still not telling me what's my due date. (Yes, I am smart the enough to figure it out online) but is that the doctor's job to tell patients? His office blood result always coming a week later or longer. His office won't follow up on my situation. (later I found out my progesterone was low it may cause miscarriage.) I asked blood result they faxed me the one is normal range page for progesterone not result which they did not even know. I had to call the lab to find out why they don't have HCG result on the report. The lab told me that was a wrong page so they faxed again to the doctors office. Should they caught that mistake and follow up on that? Couple days later after 2nd visit I had bleeding and I call the office to make appointment then they told me they are all booked they can not see me, I asked to speak to the doctor they told me doctor is busy with patient. I thought doctor's job is to guide patient through the first trimester and whole pregnancy .The last phone call I made still asking the blood result then Dr. Yen told me the 2nd office visit he did not hear the heart beat and my progesterone was low so he ordered the blood work. I don't understand why he holds those words not telling the true to the patient and discus with patient why told me that when I had miscarriage. Unprofessional that's all I can say. In U.S doctors are afraid to take responsibilities. Any risk they will send you to other doctor they just like to collect their co-pays. By the way, first time pregnant woman be aware if you have insurance most of the insurance cover prenatal and postnatal visits. so you DO NOT need to pay regular co-pay like you go to your family doctor. It's $0 co-pay during the pregnancy. Dr. Yen's office I think they don't know that either too. So collected my co-pay. I don't mind to pay if I can get the services I need it. Future moms do your research before you go to any doctor and always educate yourself and ask questions . Keep in mind you can always find good mid-wife better than the OB to deliver your babe. I will not recommend any friend to go to this doctor. Careless, unprofessional, lack of follow ups. This is not kinda doctor you are looking for. If you pay cash or more than 5 months pregnant maybe they are happy to see you.

April 24th, 2012
He do not care the patient
I had a such horrible experience with him. He rushed the exam. He do not listen to you. The only thing he like to talk to you is about your insurance. He made me do ultrasound every two weeks with no reason. After the ultrasound exam, he just rushed out of the office and ignore you. He is so irresponsible so inpatient and so arrogant.

March 29th, 2010
I would wait about 30-40 minutes to see Dr. Yen. Once I got in for my prenatal check-up, he would basically do an ultrasound and that's it. 5-10 minutes tops. He never gave me any advice or explain any of the tests he was doing. He is nice but doesn't really explain much.