Dr. Hungchih Lee MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management West Chester, OH

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

October 6th, 2011
West Chester Pain Mgt (Dr Lee & Everyone) Saved My Life...
The day after my 21st birthday I was involved in a car accident. A lady totally ran through a red light and broadsided my car, spun around and hit me again. At that moment my life changed. Now at 38 I sit here and can finally say that I now feel like I am getting back my life. I've suffered with chronic neck & shoulder pain for since the day of my car accident. Being young, I settled out of court for a measly $7,000. At that time, 7k seemed like a ton of money. Had I only known what the next 16 years would be like. Over the years the pain has grown in frequency, duration, and intensity. Before seeing the staff at WCPM & Dr Lee I worked with orthopedic specialists, I had shoulder surgery, neurologist, physical medicine doctor, physical therapy, psychotherapy, met with and worked with 2 other pain mgt specialist. I've had at least 7 MRIs, 2 Arthograms, x-rays, mylogram, CT, 2 EGGs, chirpo, massage, and ultrasound & accupuncture, tens unit, 6 epidural injections in my neck, and almost had a spinal cord stimulator implanted. Before seeing Dr. Lee I was on 2 very (very) strong opiate medications. The pain would go away, but for only that short period of time and at the expense of many side effects. Constant nausea, constipation, and living in a pretty constant daze. I was becoming more and more dependent on the meds and they were becoming less and less effective. Something had to give.It was getting so bad that I wasn't sure if I could honestly continue on -- I was deeply depressed and in either pain or feeling the side effects of the strong meds. I was going to give it one last chance. I almost felt crazy in a way - I kept asking, how in the world can no doctor find what is wrong with me? I started to even doubt myself -- maybe I was "crazy"? I met first with Dr Schreckle (chiro) and he assured me that they would do their absolute best as a team to get to the bottom of my mysterious pain. During my first consult with Dr. Schreckle he was pretty much sure I had a problem with my facet joints. In the 15 years I've had the neck/shoulder problems not one single doctor has ever spoken to me about facet joints. I can't even quantify the amount of time & money I spent in those 15 years, not to mention the number of things I didn't do or couldn't do in life. I started going to Chiropractor & massage therapy weekly and then I see Dr Lee 1 time per month for my clinic visit. Dr Lee & Dr Graff perform many procedures there at the office. I get facet nerve blocks and radio frequency ablation. Between my procedures, my weekly appointments, and my medications I am a new woman. I do not have to take as much medication as I was taking when seeing my prior doctors and I feel 75% better most days. Dr Lee is very wonderful to work with & if you really are in pain he will and the staff will be able to help you. Dr Graff is phenomenal (she helps Dr Lee with procedures); she has probably the best bedside manner of a doctor I've ever met. Don't come here if you are just looking for pills - it won't work. The staff and the doctors know the difference between someone who needs help versus someone who is just looking for opiates. You have to follow your treatment plan - that means you need to come in for your appointments. They do not tolerate non-compliance. They follow things to the letter of the law -- you have to sign a contract where you state you will only get medication from Dr Lee and that you will only use 1 pharmacy. They will also do random drug tests to make sure you aren't abusing your medication in any fashion.As for the staff -- Since I've been going there for over a year I know each of the staff members & I really like them all very much. Alecia (massage therapy) is great - she is so strong & can give you a great massage. She is also really nice to chat with & enjoy her company a lot. I rave about this place -- for real -- if you need help, do yourself a favor and call them right away.