Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat), Surgical Specialist
Va Ann Arbor Healthcare System
2215 Fuller Rd
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
734-769-7100
Locations and availability (5)

2.5

|  Rude, dismissive doc  |  show details
Jan 21st, 2014

Dr. El-Kashlan is one of the most rude, dismissive doctors I've ever seen. He was impatient and a very bad listener. As a result, we were unable to address any of my concerns. He almost seemed in a hurry to get me out of the exam room. I do NOT recommend this doctor.

|  10  |  show details
by craig kehoe on Dec 18th, 2013

Dr. El-Kashlan in my opinion is a great Dr. and i am absolutely happy with having him as my surgeon. Dr El-Kashlan treated me with respect and listened to my issues and concerns before explaining to me what he thought would be the right choice for us moving forward. He did a thorough job explaining to me and my family (with my consent) my condition and what our best options would be. He was prompt and always there on my numerous follow ups and was consistantly polite and detailed explaining my recovery. I would rate him a 10 out of 10. Thank you Dr El-Kashlan

|  Not happy with this doctor  |  show details
by Lori K on May 13th, 2013

I agree with the other review about the arrogance of this doctor. He may have heard the words that came out of my mouth but did not listen to me and in fact made me feel like I was a kook for trying to help him understand my symptoms (which are hard to explain with ear issues). He would not follow up with me either. It took months of badgering him to get him to pay any attention to me. He litteraly gave me no direction after our appointment. It really makes me sad and disappointed with U of M who is suppose to be one of the best hospitals. I also got the "its your're anxiety bit", which really ticks me off with doctors who basically dont know whats wrong and blame it on the patient. . He is one of those doctors who thinks the patient does not know best and treated me like I was a kook when the whole time I was absolutely correct with what was wrong with me. I have since gone to Johns Hopkins and got the right diagnosis and have been treated correctly. Did you know you can actually talk to your doctor directly at Johns Hopkins? wow what a concept. Not at U of M. You get the run around. If you have a serious ear problem that may require surgery I would not go here. I really had a terrible experience. The only plus was the staff was nice and there testing was decent. Dr. Kilney seemed knowledgeable and there balance department seemed good. I also would rate there audiology department really well. But that is a whole separate deal.

|  Find someone else!  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2012

May be highly skilled, but unacceptable bedside manner, makes you feel that he is taking over your life, very arrogant and rude. Find someone else you can have confidence in!