Dr. Huy Tran MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Arlington, TX

• Good
  • Bad

October 28th, 2016
very thorough exam by physician and staff. they took alot time to work up and and explained the results to me

September 15th, 2015
Vision much worse after cataract surgery

March 19th, 2014
excellent !!

February 24th, 2014
Pleased with outcome
Dr. Tran was professional, pleasant, informative, and never made me feel rushed. He answered all my questions and was gentle when examining my eyes. I had blurred vision and feared the worst as I had a retina detachment incident last year. After examination, Dr. Tran informed me I had dry eyes and that was causing a mucus on my eye. He cleaned it off and gave me samples of a mineral oil eye drop that does not have preservatives or other additives. He also recommended eating more fish and berries. Since I don't eat fish, he recommended taking flax seed oil capsules daily as he said I didn't have enough Omega 3 oil and that is why I had dry eyes. After three days of using the eye drops and taking a 1,000 mg flax seed oil capsule twice a day, my eyes feel great...no more irritation or pain. I really like that he recommended over the counter, inexpensive natural products.

April 26th, 2011
MS
DR TRAN DIAGNOSED MY PROBLEM,SET UP A SURGERY DATE AS QUICKLY AS MY SCHEDULE COULD ALLOW. THE SURGERY WENT QUICKLY, AND WITHOUT ANY PAIN OR DISCOMFORT. HE IS THOROUGH WITH HIS EXAM AND WITH HIS EXPLANATION OF THE ISSUE, INCLUDING OPTIONS AVAILABLE. I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM WITHOUT HESITATION.

February 8th, 2011
The office staffs were terrible!!!
The office staffs were terrible!!! They asked me to pay full cost by cash up front even they verified that I had health insurance. Once they collected your fee, they did not bother to fill claims with the insurance company. After waiting 6 weeks since my visit, I called them. They said they outsourced claims processing because they had collected your fee. My insurance said the doctor staffs suppose to fill insurance claim within 15 days since the visit. My insurance had no record of the doctor visit and I did not get reimbursement from my insurance at all.

September 6th, 2010
great and very thorough doctor, spends alot of time with me
the wait was not the longest or the shortest in a medical office. the staff is very courteous. he was very thorough in his exam and the spends many more time explaining the condition and treatment to me. he even gave me samples so that i dont have to purchase any. one of the best eye exams i have every had. i will be referring many family and friends to him

May 25th, 2010
Beware! Seek eye help elsewhere!
Be prepared to wait a verrrry long time! Staff is definitely NOT friendly, and it is obvious this is just a Dr. that cares about how much money is being brought in. Very unfortunate.

March 14th, 2010
He is the most thorough and patient, and by far the gentlest doctor I know. My eyeglass prescriptions have always been on target and I am now getting ready for cataract surgery by Dr. Tran. That alone says a lot about my faith in him!

September 15th, 2016