Hyun Bae, MD
2811 Wilshire Blvd
Ste 850
Santa Monica, CA 90403
310-828-7757
Locations and availability (4)

• Currently 3.1923076923077 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Dr. Bae is the best  |  show details
by Margo Lee on Nov 11th, 2013

Dr. Bae did a wonderful job on my back a little less than a year ago. I healed perfectly, and am now much more flexible and completely pain free. Dr. Bae is most pleasant too me, communicates clearly and listens to me. I could not want a better doctor.

|  show details
Sep 13th, 2012

Thanks to Dr. Bae I am finally fusing in my neck with 3 levels after having 2 failed back surgeries with 3 levels since 2006, and still waiting to fuse. I am grateful that I finally found a doctor that actually cared enough to help me! Thank God for Dr. Bae and his caring staff

|  Excellent Spine Doctor  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2012

My problem was a herniated disk pinching a nerve that radiated pain to my lower back and left leg. I had been trough entire so called Conservative Way. Filled some pain relieve but not much. Thanks to my physical therapist Derek Plonka.Hereferred me to Dr. Bae, who went over my MRI, clearly explained procedure he is going to do and set up surgery date. Surgery time was about 1.5 hr. Next day I was released from the hospital and sins that date I have not taking any pain medication. Lower back pain has gone.Still have some minor discomfort with my left leg, but, as Dr.Bae explained, it should not last long. I would highly recommend to anyone with spine problem to see Dr.Bae.Thank you very, very much Dr.Bae!!! Mydeep appreciations to your caring staff,and special thanks to your P.A. Lisa Cano.Sincerely, Boris. A.

|  Neck surgery  |  show details
Dec 21st, 2011

After two years of neck pain and speaking with six other surgeons I located Dr. Bae. I flew from Cleveland, Oh to Santa Monica to have Dr. Bae perform neck surgery. He is an exceptional doctor and can do things no otehr surgeons even offer. I highly recommend Dr. Bae for any of your spine problems.

|  Mahin Rafikian Mobasser  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2011

Dr. Bae is an absolute angel. I had been suffering with back pain which radiated down to my legs and at times made it impossible for me to walk for more than 2 years. During my first visit with him, his caring ways and the time he spent explaining my problems and how he would go about resolving it put me at ease completely and I immediately decided to have him operate on my back even though he was the 3rd surgeon I had consulted about my problem.It has been 15 days since my surgery. The shooting pain to my leg was gone the day after the surgery. I am able to walk and sit with very little discomfort and have not taken any pain medication in about 8 days. Prior to meeting Dr. Bae and having him perform his absolute "magic", I had been taking some form of pain medication for a little over 2 years.No words could express my gratitude to Dr Bae and his caring staff and his wonderful assistant Lisa. I will be forever grateful to you for what you did for me. May God bless you and continue to guide you as you go on healing those suffering with pain. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. My only regret is not having come to your office 2 years earlier. THANK YOU!

|  Gave me back my life  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2011

I was suffering from L-4, L-5, lumbar stenosis, I had been through everything the insurance company insisted upon, 2 epidurals, no help, 1 year of acupunture, no help, physical therapy, some help, but not enough, I thought there had to be someone who had the answer, my orthopedic at the time stopped taking my insurance, and I'm glad he did, I decided to call the spine institute at cedars, and I was put in touch with Dr. Bae, and that was the begining of the end, of my pain, within moments of reviewing my MRI, he knew, exactly what I needed to have done. I have to admit, I couldn't believe at first, that someone could know that quickly!I thought, I would have to go down a long road with him, to find the answer, but that was not the case. Within a few weeks of meeting him, I was out of pain, the sciatic pain, that kept me from being able to sit down, and had me basically crawling into the hospital was gone. The only pain that I was now experiencing was the incision pain, but that is almost gone now. Thank you so much Dr. Bae, and thank you to Lisa, and the wonderful team of doctors & Nurses that you assembled, to put me back together! I couldn't be happier.

|  5 Star Surgeon!!!  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2011

I had a 7 hour surgery for cervical spinal stenosis on April 19th and just had my 6 week follow-up appointment today. I have no pain and no longer need to wear the neck brace. Dr. Bae said to resume my normal life which I can do with a big smile!!!Dr. Bae is a true professional and I truly appreciate his skills - he has changed my life forever. I would highly recommend Dr. Bae to anyone. Thank you Dr. Bae and a special thanks to his P.A. Lisa Cano. God bless you both!!!Sincerely, Paul DiGiaimo

|  Vetebroplasty  |  show details
by Tiffany on Apr 12th, 2011

I would like to express my gratitude to Dr. Bae for the excellent service he provides. Before I started coming to Dr.Bae, I was diagnosed with vertebral hemangiomas and have had severe chronic back pain from it for the last 5 years. I've had chiropractic treatments, physical therapy, acupunture, epidural injections and I've seen 6 different surgeons, 2 neurosurgeons and 4 orthopaedic surgeons, no one was able to help me, instead all the other surgeons I saw kept on telling me hemangiomas do not cause back pain when indeed it does. After my first visit with Dr. Bae, I knew I was in good hands, he thoroughly went over my MRI with me and clearly explained the procedure he would be performing during my surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Hyun Bae to anyone without hesitation. He is very competent and he really cares about his patients, he is an excellent surgeon. Thanks to Dr. Bae, I am pain free and am able to live a normal life again.

|  A true healer and life changer, Best Doc!!!! Made me dance again  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2011

Every time I tried to move it felf like someone stabbed me in the back. I became a criple. I had to do something I finally had the courage to seek help. I was recommended to Dr Bae by so many of my clients. He was such a nice and caring individual. He helped me understand my problem. He took such good care of me and his staff was fantastic. I had surgery six months ago and now I can dance again. I've never felt better and in such gratitude to Dr Bae for giving my life back. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!,

|  Life Changer  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2011

I had horrible chronic back pain for years. I had seen several other spine surgeons in the past, and was told that my pain was non-operable. I tried years of different medications, physical therapy, and epidural injections without any success.I was referred to Dr. Bae who took the time to really explain everything to me and my family.Dr. Bae operated on me 4 months ago, and I have been pain free for the first time in years. My wife says that I am a new person.My family and I are so grateful to Dr. Bae. He really changed my life.

|  truly amazing  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2011

I was in terrible pain and went to see Dr. Bae in a semi-urgent manner. I was told that I had a disc herniation that was pressing on my nerve. I tried epidurals and various medications with no help..my pain and disability was getting worse. After much deliberation, I chose to have surgery with Dr. Bae. I am 1 1/2 weeks after surgery and am truly amazed. The surgery was a success and his staff is great..always returned my call and answered my questions..If you have back problems please see Dr. Bae in Santa Monica.

|  Avoid this "doctor" at all costs!!!!  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2011

Didn't even weigh me or take my blood pressure.Didn't address complaints of sleep problems, depression, anxiety, suicidal tendencies... nothing.Doctor invalidated previous MRI diagnosis, instead saying he had no idea why I'm in pain.Provided referral to pain management where the referral didn't even have my name on it. By the time this was straightened out, pain management had no open appts.Put simply, we drove over 200 miles and paid hundreds of dollars to be left more confused and hopeless than when we began.This doctor is ALL academia, period. Cedar Sinai should be ashamed having such an incompetent "doctor" on their staff. Completely useless and what's more, harmful. I am far more despondent than before I saw him. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

|  Great Doc  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2011

Fantastic doctor. So kind and caring. He helped me when all refused to help.

|  show details
Oct 16th, 2010

Great surgeon. Office wait was long but once he came is he was not rushed. He answered all my questions and was really caring which is something you dont see these days. He operated on me and I feel great. Just referred my mother who everyone said was inoperable. He took great care of her as well and she is doing fantastic

|  Saved my back, my dad's back and friends back  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2010

I had 2 discs in the neck completely shot, had been ruptured years earlier and never healed. Also had developed spinal stenosis in lower back. He did two different surgeries on me and I can walk, sit, bend over and touch my toes and turn my head from side to side, something I never thought I would be able to do again. He is the best. He is to the point and gives it to you straight. Sent a second friend to him who had been severely messed up by the "best" back guy in Vegas. Dr. Bae gave it to her straight and told her any further surgery would only make it worse. Got her pain management, the RIGHT physical therapist and she is so much better, off her pain meds and doing great.

|  Magician  |  show details
by Barbara Lee DaBoll, Special Education Teacher, Owner of Crayon Rocks on Apr 13th, 2010

At 55 years old (6 years ago) I was headed to a wheelchair and a pretty terrible life of pain with 3 discs degenerated and pressing on my spinal cord. Scared to death, especially of spine surgery. Dr. Bae saw me immediately, told me the truth, scheduled the surgery, said it was DAY SURGERY if only 2 discs, in and out of hospital in 3 days. One month recovery. I see him once a year. Take him good books to read. LOVE him! Really, owe him my life! The best of the best.