Dr. Hyun Kim Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Hyun Kim?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Hyun Kim?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 12th, 2017

Dr. Kim, Gastroenterologist, Poway

Dr. Kim.is very professional. I have been seeing her for digestive issues and for my colonoscopies. She is forthcoming with the results and suggests future ways to avoid problems. She is concerned about the best way to accomplish the prep for colocoscopies.

September 10th, 2013

Informative, Thurough, Pleasant

Dr. Kim took time to explain all of the possible reasons for my complaints and offered several options for treatment. She was very thurough in her assesment and very kind. The front office staff was very professional. The only complaint I have is that the wait times can be extra long, even with an appointment.

February 22nd, 2012

Disappointed with the doctor in the very first appoitnment

As I began talking to her about my symptoms she diligently wrote it down. But she frequently interrupted me saying my symptoms were normal and no cause of worry. I got the impression that she wanted to quickly finish my consultation and be on her way. I have been dealing with food allergies, gas, bloating and weight loss for more than a year now,which according to her is perfectly normal. If OTC anti acids could cure my tummy troubles, why on earth would I consult her?

February 17th, 2012

Excellent GI Physician

I've been a pt of Dr. Kim for more than 10 years. She is very competent and compassionate and responds to my questions or phone calls in a timely manner.

August 25th, 2011

Dr. Kim is a great doctor. However, she splits her time between two offices and only sees patients on certain days of the week. This makes it difficult to schedule an appointment around her schedule once you start seeing her regularly. Her office won't call you to tell you your test results, you must call them and it may take a couple of days for them to get back to you. Half the time you will get sent to her assistant's voice mail because she's at lunch or went home early. You will be lucky to get a response the same day. If you need a prescription refilled right away, that also might take a while. All in all, Dr. Kim is great at listening to patients, performing procedures and customizing a treatment plan that the patient is comfortable with but her availability makes it difficult to get any of the day to day tasks done in a timely and efficient manner to make your life easier.

February 17th, 2011

Not assured

I was a bit dismayed with my appointment as I sought out Dr. Kim due to her credentials and experience. When I met with her I found her to not be well versed in other areas of internal organ issues which worried me. This was something that she should know about. Her rating went down on that. She also asked me what meds I thought I should take which in my book is a big "no-No." She's the professional here and is getting paid to make those decisions. Based on that, I do not feel she is confident for lack of a better word in prescribing or diagnosing. Therefore, I sought out a different doctor. Nice person otherwise.

June 28th, 2010

Wonderful

Dr. Kim is a wonderful doctor. She is extremely knowledgeable, caring and takes the time to actually talk to the patient. She does not get frustrated with complex problem patients like myself. Unlike some other doctors who will just talk to (at) you, do not examine the patient & leave the room as fast as they can Dr. Kim is not one of those doctors. She physically examines her patients. Dr. Kim is not like a typical doctor & I've recommended her as to several people. The office staff are great too, very helpful & caring.

March 2nd, 2017