Dr. Ian Archibald Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Ian Archibald?

Bad

Posted on November 2nd, 2017

Within two years had reconstructive surgery with another orthopedic surgeon.

Very bad surgeon.

Posted on April 19th, 2017

Did total knee replacement three years ago and have had pain since then. Now I need another surgery.

My total knee replacement gone bad.

Posted on February 12th, 2016

Truth? If you do not want to be verbally abused at even a hint there may be something wrong with his surgery, stay away.

Long waits & Unprofessional Staff

Posted on October 29th, 2015

I'm sure Dr. Archibald is a good surgeon, but I sought care elsewhere. I'll explain. My first appointment with Dr. Archibald was less than favorable. I had already been diagnosed with a severely degenerative hip (bone on bone) by my neuro surgeon. Prior to my Carolina Orthopedic appointment in Gastonia I had already undergone 2 MRI's and a bone scan, which I brought with me to my appointment. The staff is loud and you can hear them talking about everything under the sun, including personal life matters and other patients. I arrived at my scheduled appointment and had to wait 2 hours before I ever saw Dr. Archibald. He immediately dismissed the MRI's and bone scan (he never even looked at them). An X-ray in house is what he said I needed. So I complied and proceeded into the lab where the tech had to keep "trying" to get a good shot of my severely painful hip. I was returned to the room and waited another 30 minutes before the doctor came in. He kind of treated me like what I was going through was no big deal and put me on the equivalent of ibuprofen. Told me to come back in two weeks. Needless to say I felt like I had just been treated at the land of mis-fit toys. I tried to call back and speak with his nurse several times to explain how much pain I was in. She did try to call me back twice at 4:55pm, they close at 5:00pm. I finally got in touch with the nurse and made another appointment. I arrived 10 minutes early and waited for 45 minutes in the waiting room alone before I was taken back. Then I waited another 25 minutes in the room with nobody ever coming in. This is where I made up my mind for sure that in no way at all did I want this practice to work on me. I left the room and explained to the front desk that that I was leaving and would like to have my co-pay refunded being I never saw a doctor. This alone was a task. Most of the staff had left for the day, so just finding someone to ask took 15 minutes. I expect my card will be refunded tomorrow when the staff returns and gets the computers turned back on... This is by far the worst experience I have ever had with a medical practice. I've had better service at the DMV! This review is not an attempt to slander Dr. Archibald, it's just calling a spade a spade. I have since found a very good doctor that spent some time with me and properly diagnosed me. Who's staff is second to none.

Posted on May 13th, 2012

DR. ARCHIBALD PERFORMED A L KNEE SCOPE ON ME. HE SHAVED MY MENISCUS, REMOVED PLICA, AND A SISK FROM MY MCL. MY HEALING PROCESS IS BY THE MOST PART PAIN FREE COMPARED TO EVERYONE ELSE I SPOKE TO WHO HAD THE SURGERY. MY KNEE DID NOT BRUISE LIKE THE OTHERS AND IT DID NOT FEEL LIKE HE TOOK A MEAT GRINDER TO IT. I AM MORE THAN 100 PERCENT PLEASED WITH HIS WORK AND I WILL NOT EVER GO TO A DIFFERENT DR IN REFERENCE TO AN ORTHOSCOPIC PROCEDURE.

Posted on May 24th, 2016