A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ian Balfour:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ian Balfour is Good.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ian Balfour, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Vessel Anomalies
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Transplantation
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Sickle Cell Anemia
Education & Awards
Dr. Balfour graduated from University Of The West Indies, Trinidad, Champs Fleur.
Dr. Balfour has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Gwinnett Medical Center - Lawrenceville
- Northeast Georgia Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Ian C Balfour MD is a male Pediatrician, has 35 years of experience and practices in Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. Ian C. Balfour practice?
- Dr. Ian Balfour has 12 office locations.
Dr. Ian Balfour practices Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology near Lawrenceville, GA.
Additional practice locations include: Athens, GA and Conyers, GA.
See Lawrenceville Pediatricians and Lawrenceville Cardiologists.