A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ian Balfour:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ian Balfour, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Vessel Anomalies
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Transplantation
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Sickle Cell Anemia
Education & Awards
Dr. Balfour graduated from University Of The West Indies, Trinidad, Champs Fleur.
Dr. Balfour has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Gwinnett Medical Center - Lawrenceville
- Northside Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Balfour accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- WellCare - 2 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Peach State Health Plan - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 8 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Ian C. Balfour practice?
Dr. Ian Balfour practices Pediatrics, Pediatric Cardiology, Internal Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease near Lawrenceville, GA.
Additional practice locations include: Athens, GA and Conyers, GA.
See Lawrenceville Pediatricians, Lawrenceville Pediatric Specialists, Lawrenceville Internists, and Lawrenceville Pulmonologists.