Dr. Ian Brickl Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ian Brickl?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Ian Brickl?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 7th, 2015

I Need a Diagnosis, NOT a Band-Aid

I went to see Ian D. Brickl about an ongoing health issue about a month ago. I'm a healthy woman who has been sick for months, literally. Dr. Brickl spent more time staring at his computer reading off the symptoms of what he thought I might have as well as possible treatments (yeah...that doesn't inspire confidence), than asking diagnostic questions or really trying to figure out what is wrong with me. I walked away from a 20 minute appointment knowing no more than what WebMD has listed for my possible diagnosis. He sent me away with no real next steps for treatment or a possible cure. When I contact my OBGYN, just as a last resort, she listed off a number of "next steps" and was quite frustrated with the easy diagnosis--one that ignores symptoms that could be signs of a more serious issue. Dr. Brickl was a perfectly nice man, but he didn't seem very eager or even willing to try to solve my health issues. His "bed-side manner" was also lacking--he started at his computer and read, rather than asked questions and helped. I need a diagnosis, not a band-aid. He did no more than what a doctor at Urgent Care might do. Sad to give him a bad review...I hate doing that, and never have before. I'm sure he'd be great for check ups and such, but very disappointed in my experience.

January 13th, 2015

Worked my son in when he was ill and stayed very late past clinic hours to accommodate our family.

July 7th, 2013

Love associates in family medicine! However, I did not have a good experience with this particular doctor. I felt that he had poor bedside manner with my very sick young child, and did not directly answer my questions or concerns. He did not introduce himself at the beginning of the appointment, and did not interact with my child other than the physical examination, which did not go well. I won't see this doctor again.

June 15th, 2011

My mother has visits with this doctor and it seems like almost every time she goes she has a complaint about the office and this doctor. From waiting an hour past her appt to not being able to schedule an appt when she really feels sick, to lack of caring and professionalism.

March 28th, 2013