A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ian Butler:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ian Butler is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ian Butler, MD is board certified in Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
- Developmental Disorders
- Dwarfism (Achondroplasia)
- Dystonic Disorders
- Mental Retardation
- Metabolic Brain Diseases
- Movement Disorders
- Muscule Diseases
- Parkinson Disease
- Phenylketonurias (PKU)
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infections
- Seizure Disorders
- Tourette Syndrome
- Viral Encephalitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Butler graduated from University Of Adelaide. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Butler has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Hermann Hospital
- Lyndon B Johnson General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Butler accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Superior Health Plan - 1 plan
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Ian J. Butler practice?
Dr. Ian Butler practices Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology near Houston, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Shenandoah, TX.
See Houston Neurologists.