Dr. Ian Magill Is this you?

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Ian Magill?

November 22nd, 2015

This office was the only psychiatrist office that took my insurance and the nurse from my college recommended him with high regard. I have been seeing him for a year now and knew that our sessions would be short because I was just going in for med checks so I have been trying to be understanding for awhile. However, each time I go in he doesn't ask questions about how I am functioning in daily life. He just always says you have major depressive disorder and even if you feel like you're not anymore, you need to stay on medication because you can relapse at anytime. I do know that medication is important for me and that I need it. However, he just always looks to a new medication or upping the dose each time and never asks questions to see if there is any improvement in me at all. Another frustrating thing is that when I am in school, he kept thinking I had taken a break and when I had taken a semester off, he kept thinking I was back at college. My insurance wasn't cooperating with my antidepressants and so i got to a really low spot and missed classes for a week because I couldn't get my medication. I asked him to write me a dr's note for class and he said he couldn't do that. He ended up writing me one, but said he could only say i was off my medication. He wrote on the note which is about illegible, but from having to decode him so many times i could tell that it said I wasn't in class because i forgot to take my medication for a week. I was so angry because I had been trying to get my medication before I ran out and during and wrote that "I forgot."

October 24th, 2015

Horrible spends more time writing prescription than actually finding out what's wrong with you. Does not care to listen an called me crazi .Wow real professional does not greet or bothers to look his patients in his face. I thought maybe one bad day but I've noticed he has a series of bad days...my last visit he wrote the wrong prescription because he was annoyed. I took my insurance elsewhere . The worst experience for myself an my son. He is a walk in walk out doctor . An besides I was diagnosed with something completely different than what he told me an on the proper medication to a new doctor who actually cared about what was going on with me. He needs to retire an perhaps takes meds himself for showing lack of interest being ignorant to me. I was so happy to hear he was leaving because I was never coming back anyway.

June 13th, 2015

Dr. Not

Ian is in no sense of the word a physician. He's more likely to harm than to heal. Watch out. Protect yourself. Stay away from this individual.

May 16th, 2015

Rude, Ignorant, GOD COMPLEX, know it all, FRAUD

Have been seeing Dr Ian Magill for years, at first I thought he was helping but slowly I began to see the cocky, arrogant, "I know everything" "I'm always right" DR. He would berate me and make me feel like I was nothing because I am bipolar and self medicate - only because he couldn't find or wouldn't find a med that worked for me. He just kept upping my dose and upping my dose. He ordered lab work for me 3 times but every time I asked for the results he said he didnt get them? YES - HE DID. The visits were ALWAYS less than 15 minutes. DO NOT GO TO THIS DR.

May 14th, 2015

Don't expect much from this man.

Dr. Magill performed a quick history without appearing to be interested in me or my psychiatric condition. For example, when I told him I was seeing a psychotherapist, his only question was "where", as if his office location had meaning. He did not ask anything else about my therapist or his care. After a cursory evaluation of my history and my current well-being, Dr. Magill recommended that I continue the same meds that another psychiatrist had prescribed. When I asked whether it was appropriate to taper or discontinue one or more of the meds, he stated flatly that it was not. It would be risky, he said. When I outlined my prior med history, including the successful tapering and discontinuation of prior meds (and the risk entailed), he remained steadfast. Although his decision was reasonable, he did not elaborate with any facts, research or prior experience that would have indicated that this was anything other than an arbitrary decision. He didn’t even explain his thinking. Later on, he stated clearly that he did not evaluate patients for potential return to work, since he did not know much of my work history and its stresses nor much of my psychiatric history. I stated that the reason I had made an appointment was for ongoing care, which included an assessment of my condition, work history, stresses and psychiatric history. He stated that he was not a physician who would do that -- an independent medical examiner would be the one to evaluate potential return to work. When I explained that I thought he might perform a more complete psychiatric evaluation, he looked at me blankly. When I stated that it seemed he had no interest in finding out about me, he said "they're your words". At that point I said good-bye. I will not return.

November 7th, 2013

Awful experience

Terrible office staff the office manager was soooo rude and out of line. They should be reported to the state board. Absolutely awful experience. Crystal the office manager should be fired.

October 21st, 2013

Arrogant and rude

August 16th, 2013

disrespectful and rude

Dr. Magill was the most disrespectful doctor with whom I have ever spoken in my life. Here is our conversation: He talks a mile a minute about medications without even asking me why I'm there. Finally, I say: RF: I don't know if you got a chance to look at what the psychologist wrote, but I'm not really here for medication management. I'd like to talk about ECT (electroconvulsive therapy). Magill: You're not a candidate for ECT. RF: [waits for explanation, none forthcoming]. You mean they wouldn't accept me as a patient it, or…? Magill: I wouldn't do it. You haven't tried all the medications yet. RF: But ECT has a much higher success rate than any of the medications. Magill: Do you want heart surgery or do you want to take a pill? RF: It's not heart surgery. Magill: You can have memory loss. RF: I know. I've read the research. Magill: [snarling with contempt and sarcasm] So treat yourself then. RF: This isn't going to work. [gets up and starts to walk out] [at door] RF: You know you really should talk to your patients with a little more respect. Magill: I think it's you. Arguing with a professional! RF: It's supposed to be a dialogue. Magill: A dialogue, yes, but you're not much one for that, are you? "Don't bother to tell me about it." RF: I didn't say not to bother to tell me about it. I said that I had read the research. In any case, regardless of what I said, you should speak to your patients respectfully. Magill: You need to go somewhere else. [He brushes past me and walks out.] This conversation left me in tears. Not exactly the sort of help or treatment that you want from someone who's supposed to be helping you feel better when you come in about major depressive disorder.

February 27th, 2013

Don't bother, find another doctor

During my first visit with Dr. Magill, he seemed somewhat interested in what I had to say, but only spent about five minutes with me. The second time, he answered his cell phone in the middle of my appointment. As soon as he hung up, he flew out the door and drove off without an apology or explanation. Definitely not professional, and especially bad behavior for someone working in the mental health field.

January 16th, 2013

Unprofessional and rude

I have never walked out of any appointment, ever. I walked out with Dr. Magill. He was rude, did not listen to what I was saying, and was completely unsympathetic to my situation. There is a reason that it is easy to get an appointment with him.

May 25th, 2012

Disappointed...

Seeing him nearly cost my life.i took lithium &he didn't do proper followUp test.when he did order tests his handwriting was so bad the labDidnt't do all the tests twice and he blamed Me!my arms and legs jerked pretty bad ,I made a special appointment-he wanted to give sleep meds which I refused.my primary dr started to reduce my meds&with an attitude magillstopped my bipolar&antidepressant in one day.he said the meds wouldn't work if I took less.he gave me a small dose of other meds.ihad a break down changed psych& was diagnosed with acute kidney failure.

April 20th, 2012

FAKE

This man should not be involved with medicine for helping people who need the appropriate care..... He didn't pay attention to anything I said. He talked down to me. When I didn't have the same opinion with him he became argumentative. This man doesnt read the information from your chart concerning your medicine... He has his own agenda on what is best for the client not what the client needs.... He is mocking. DO NOT PAY MONEY TO SEE THIS PERSON. Not sure how he lives with himself. Just because you have been in practice for 24 yrs does not mean you are good at your job.