Otolaryngologists
Video profile
8280 Morro Rd
Atascadero, CA 93422
805-461-1929
Locations and availability (1)

|  Billing Issue  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2011

Dr. Murton was great on my first visit. He took the time to exam me fully and didn't rush. However, on my second visit he was a little scattered and didn't seem to remember the circumstances of my case, or forgot to look at the chart before he came in the room. I had (and still have) a huge issue with his billing staff. I wasn't given a copy of my bill and my medical insurance company was never billed for the visit. I have been asking about my bill being submitted for 4 weeks now and the staff still hasn't done a thing for me. This is holding up my deductible (which would have been satisfied by now) and I am very frustrated by their lack of action. The office staff seem friendly enough, but don't follow through!

|  Postive experience in hospital and office  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2011

I wound up in the emergency room with an extremely swollen and painful neck and throat and a high temperature. Finding what appear to be fluid in my neck, ER doctors broughtin Dr. Murton, who treated me and monitored my condition for several days. When the fluid didn't go away as hoped, Dr. Murton scheduled surgery. While performing surgery, he discovered necrotizing fasciitis and the short surgery became longer. My condition was caused by Strep A and required another 5 days of post-op stay in the hospital. I was also left with an open incision so that the wound could heal from the inside out. Dr. Murton's follow-up with me during the remainder of my stay at the hospital and for about a month after release was fantastic. We had regularly scheduled appointments where he monitored the healing and changed dressings on my neck. He even helped in ensuring that home health nurses provided the supplies I needed at home. Nine months on, the scar on my neck is barely noticeable. I didn't have a regular ENT and didn't choose Dr. Murton for my treatment at the hospital. However, I will choose him if I ever have another medical issue within his area of specialty. To top it all off, he's a very nice man.

|  show details
Dec 24th, 2008

It was Dr. Murton who discovered other problems I had aside from loss of hearing. Aside from being very patient, he is extremely intelligent.