A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ian Neilson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ian Neilson is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ian Neilson, MD is board certified in Pediatric Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
Education & Awards
Dr. Neilson graduated from Queen's University Faculty Of Health Sciences, Kingston. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Neilson has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Maine Medical Center
- Mercy Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Ian R Neilson MD is a male Surgeon, has 29 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, and Surgical Critical Care.
- Where does Dr. Ian R. Neilson practice?
- Dr. Ian Neilson has 2 office locations.
Dr. Ian Neilson practices Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, and Surgical Critical Care near Portland, ME.
Additional practice locations include: Bellevue, WA.
See Portland Surgeons and Portland Pediatric Surgeons.