Dr. Ian Yang MD Patient Reviews

3.9
  • 4 reviews

August 31st, 2016
A Good Pain Doctor is Hard to Find
These days it is hard to find a good pain doctor especially with all the new laws and regulations regarding pain management n NY State. With that said, I like Dr. Yang but there are a lot of things I do not like as far as comprehensive treatment at Dr. Yang's office. Dr. Yang is a very knowledgeable and competent pain doctor. However I dislike his manner when dealing with my questions related to pain management. He does not listen to my input or answer questions about other was of coping with pain such as exercises or vitamin supplements. He seems to only want to deal with medicine and that's all. Dr. Yang knows his stuff but it seems as if he thinks he knows more than I do about my own body in areas other than pain conditions. He can have a short temper and has raised his voice at me several times when I truthfully tell him why this or that medicine didn't work for me and he disagreed. I also see several other specialists and he never confers with them. Dr. Yang goes by his own knowledge when he doesn't agree with the information I tell him about what my other doctors say about my health. It's as if his word is law. On the other hand, Dr.Yang is a good doctor because he does not just hand out pills a person might want; he gives you what he thinks will best help with your pain. And he is usually right. Also, Dr. Yang will listen to your complains or requests about the medication he prescribes. It's just that it seems like forever in getting your pain meds straightened out over several appointments which is frustrating. He does have a huge knowledge base and can even do pain procedures like cortisone shots right in his office. BUT his bedside manner is lacking, he does not confer with my other specialists when they request that he do so, it's almost impossible to speak over the phone to him in an urgent situation...he rarely returns phone calls and has no answering service after hours. I ended up in the hospital over a Friday through the weekend and Dr. Yang was unreachable. It's very difficult for a hospital and doctors that do not know you to get you your pain meds while inpatient. His secretarial staff are impossible to get through to Dr. Yang. I have waited 2-3 weeks to get a response from Dr. Yang on an urgent matter because he only goes through his secretarial staff. And the patient usually has to call back and again speak through a secretary for Dr. Yang's answer. It's very frustrating. If you don't have an appointment and it's urgent that you see him or talk to him, again, you have to go through the secretaries...Dr. Yang rarely returns calls. And if you must talk to Dr. Yang and the phone calls aren't getting through to him you cannot walk in and try and see him. The secretaries wont let you in the door to see him unless you come at your exact appointment time...which might be in 2weeks. All in all Dr. Yang is a good doctor. I like his knowledge and skill with pain medicine. I like that he is not a pill pusher and that I can get to his office easily. I have been seeing him for about 2 to 3 years now (since 2013-2014) and despite my complaints my pain is being managed pretty well by Dr. Yang. That is the most important thing to me. I give the Dr. Yang Pain Management Experience a 7 out of 10. But if you are looking for a comprehensive pain management experience you might want to look elsewhere....like a hospital's Pain Management Center.

August 29th, 2014
he is very good and listen to me.
Dr. Yang is a great doctor. He listen to his patients and he don't prescribe what ever anyone ask for. He does what's best for the patient. I love the fact that he has helped me a lot. I have nothing g but great things to say about him.

August 22nd, 2013
should not be a pain management Dr
I've been seeing Dr.Ian Yang for about my appointment they were prompt .the staff was very courteous and pleasant the diagnosis i don't know about he wrote what ever he wanted and for his beside manners they really sucked .he does not care about the patients decisions he says hes the Dr and if we knew what was right for us then why would we have to go to him.he spends time with us telling what he is doing even if we can't handle the medications.No one followed up through the month to see if the meds are working or how we are feeling.on my first visit he gave me morphine er 60 mg a day plus morphine ir 45 mg an n day.Even though i told him multiple times that the medication.his overall rating is from 1-10 10 being the highest i rate him with a 0

July 12th, 2013
a doctor who never listens!
I've been seeing doctor Yang for over 2&1/2 years for bulging discs and herniation's 6 to be exact and the only reason i went to this dumb a** is because my original doctor decided that she was going to teach at a university and just left all her patients to find their own doctors without notice so the clinic sent me to some clinic thats associated w them and happen to be in a clinic for drug addicts so i found this doctor and its been a big pain in my side since ive been going to him,he changed all my pain meds to new ones that are not as strong and has no affect on me so im still in pain i keep tring to tell him its not working and he just looks at me all confused and dumb like im some sort of junkie and im far from it i just dont want to be in so much pain is that too much to ask?