Dr. Ian Yip MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 23rd, 2013
My highest recommendation
I was referred to Dr. Yip by my pain specialist because of the complexity of my case. I've always felt comfortable with the professionalism that he and his staff showed while working with me. My diabetes drastically improved while I was in his care. He explained what was going on, which was especially important when I moved out of State and had to fly back to see him until I could find local care. I highly recommend him and his assistant that we worked with most, Stephanie! They're great people.

June 18th, 2013
Happy with Dr. Yip!
Without a doubt, if you follow the recommendations for weightloss and health..the pounds come off. I love his program and although initially tough, it immedaitely impacted my health in positive ways. I do not agree with the others on this post who disparage Dr Yip or his staff. I prefer to go to a Doctor who is knowledgeable and to see results, than worry about the staff or their personality. I have only had one person who I felt was not knowledgeable on my first visit, but after that I never saw her again and that was two years ago. So apparently Dr. Yip is on top of things there. I highly recommend Dr. Yip

December 21st, 2011
Worst doctor I've ever been to.
Dr. Yip is friendly and likes to joke around a lot. Some of the things he says are very inappropriate, but that's the least of his problems. When it comes to medical care, and his patient's best interests, he's all about the money. He charges you hidden fees for every little thing. Administration fees, fees to send you your blood test results in addition to the fees you paid for your blood test itself, fees to send a letter to an insurance company, fees to pick up your own medical records, the list goes on and on. I was completely outraged when I was charged for a doctor visit that I never had, and they refused to do anything about it. He also completely misdiagnosed me 2 separate times because he was in such a rush to move on to the next patient. Dr. Yip is basically running a scam and I will be reporting him to the proper authorities. PLEASE AVOID Dr. Yip, even if he's the only doctor in your area.

November 3rd, 2010
Thank you Dr. Yip
I was referred by my Internist to see Dr. Yip who specialized in treating overweight people with diabetes. I was on his program and I have lost over 30 lbs. Now, I am taking 3 less medications and feel a lot healthier thanks to Dr. Yip's treatment.

July 20th, 2010
The Best doctor
Dr. Yip is the best doctor I have ever come across. I have multiple sclerosis, underactive thyroid and diabetes. I am not able to lose my weight over the years. Thanks to Dr. Yip, under his diet program, I have lost over 30 lbs and I feel great about myself. I am now using less diabetes medicine than before.

June 8th, 2010
Great Doctor!!
I was referred to Dr. Yip from my neighbor who also treated him. I have this irritating chronic cough for 3 years and had seen numerous doctors. I am saying many many doctors including ENT, stomach doctor, lung specialist, etc. who couldn't figure out what's the problem. I saw Dr. Yip and he told me it's my stomach reflux and started me on two medications, Nexium and Zantac and within a week, my cough is gone. I am talking about gone completely. It was a 3 year torture for me and Thanks to Dr. Yip. I got my life back.

April 20th, 2010
His office staff are either unfriendly or incompetent
It could be the strangest office staff I have ever encountered.Half the time I am not sure they really are qualified to draw blood because they don't act professional or friendly. It is beyond me why this Dr.maintains this type of atmosphere. Maybe to show how friendly he can be as it is quite a contrast.

March 2nd, 2010
Bills insurance incorrectly on purpose
Dr. Yip billed my insurance incorrectly numerous times. He stated that " If I do not feel like writing notes that day I do not bill you as much." As a Doctor, a professional, a human, what ever happened to helping people that are sick and in need of medical attention? Unfortunately, Dr. Yip is a money hungry man and can careless about helping people. Think twice about this greedy man.

December 28th, 2009
Good Doctor, poor office staff
The rudest and most non caring office staff of any doctor I have ever visited. I am being billed for lab work the doctor ordered and I cannot get the office staff to fill out an insurance required paper. I have been trying to get this paper fill out for the past 45 days to no avail.They lost the insurance form 3 times; they did not call me back as promised 6 times; I had to call them 11 times regarding this form; the person in charge of filling out this form is conveniently either on a break, at lunch, went home early, not in today or plan old too busy at the moment.Save your sanity and go to another doctor if you can, as this one is not worth the headache.

October 10th, 2016