Dr. Iftikhar Syed MD Patient Reviews

• General Surgery Schenectady, NY

June 23rd, 2016
Excellent care
Dr. Syed operated on me about one year ago. He was highly recommended to me by several medical professionals. I was a little nervous about the procedure but he explained the surgery and recovery process and was very reassuring. I would definitely recommend him.

February 1st, 2016
Registered Nurse and patient
The first time I seen him was last year, I had a car accident and was getting a consult for surgery. His waiting room was standing room only, I waited for over an hour in the waiting room then about a half hour in the room. The amount of time spend with me was about 10 minutes. I was told to wait for more healing then return at a later date. When I went there today for follow up. I waited 35 minutes in the waiting room then 40 minutes in the exam room. When he came in he barely listened to what my concerns were, rolling his eyes and dismissing me. When I laid down for the exam, he didn't even exam the area that I was there for. I had to re lay down and explain my concerns which he basically offered me nothing but, bring in the CT from your accident, which I did last visit along with the notes from the accident. He said see your primary and get back to me. Here its been over a year since my accident I waited for over an hour to get 5 minutes if that with him and go nothing. I am not certain how he became chief of surgery at Ellis Hospital but I am not impressed. He placed a port in my last year and prescribed pain medication that I am allergic to, to go home with. I am going to see another surgeon, on whose office is jammed packed like an assembly line. Being a person in the healthcare field and a patient with two encounters I have to admit I was very disappointed in the care received by him.

August 7th, 2015
Terrible experience
My daughter who is 19 was at the office today and had a very bad experience. the X-ray technician was rude and made the xray painful (not easy to do), and Dr. Syed refused to pull a tooth that had a deep cavity and had become very painful. My daughter came home crying, felt she was treated very badly. Dreadful experience for her.

October 16th, 2012
Great Surgeon
Dr Syed and Dr Ford are two of the best surgeons around our area. They are compassionate and truly care. They saved my mothers life and just did a hernia operation on my husband. No complaints, just praise.

September 28th, 2012
Dr. Syed performed two surgeries and,if I ever need other surgery, would be my physician of choice

May 23rd, 2011
STAY AWAY FROM THEM THEY ARE HORRIBLE
This doctor and his staff are HORRIBLE. They never followed up on sending the lab results to my primary dr nor to my school, that I had to miss a week of due to this surgery. I was reassured that the info would be sent and a week later it wasn't sent and instead of sending it the office supervisor decided to argue with me about it and then dropped me as a patient WITHOUT NOTIFYING ME AT ALL. I SHOWED UP FOR MY FOLLOW UP AND THEY SAID THEY CANCELLED THE APPOINTMENT DUE TO THE CONFRONTATION, THEY LIED AND SAID THEY CALLED MY PRIMARY, THEY EVEN HAD MY PRIMARY WORNG. THEY ARE VISCIOUS, MEAN AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING THE STAFF ESPECIALLY AND THE TWO DOCTORS WORK AGAINST EACH OTHER INSTEAD OF WORKING TOGETHER..STAY AWAY FROM THEM. I WILL BE FOLLOWING UP WITH A COMPLAINT TO THE OFFICE OF PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL CONDUCT

January 28th, 2011
Don't go to this Quack
My husband had a hernia operation with this Quack about 1.5 years ago. When he went back for F/U he was so rough in the 5 minutes he was there that my husband was in more pain than when came int he door. He has had continued pain since operation. He tried to see this quack. First appointment waited over 1.5 hours and then had to get back to work. 2nd appointment CANCELLED by doctor; 3rd appointment CANCELLED by doctor; Finally had enough and went to see another surgeon who found that he has scar tissue and nerve damage!