A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ignatius Komninakas:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ignatius Komninakas is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Komninakas
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Komninakas Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ignatius Komninakas, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Komninakas graduated from Saint Louis University. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Komninakas has 10 hospital affiliations:
- St Vincent's Medical Center
- Griffin Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Ignatius Komninakas MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 21 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Ignatius Komninakas practice?
- Dr. Ignatius Komninakas has 1 office location.
Dr. Ignatius Komninakas practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Shelton, CT.
See Shelton Surgeons.