A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ignatius Komninakas:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ignatius Komninakas is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ignatius Komninakas, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Komninakas graduated from Saint Louis University. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Komninakas has 10 hospital affiliations:
- St Vincent's Medical Center
- Griffin Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Komninakas accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 4 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Ignatius Komninakas practice?
Dr. Ignatius Komninakas practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Shelton, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Ansonia, CT and Bridgeport, CT.
See Shelton Orthopedic Surgeons.