Dr. Igor De Castro MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Hot Springs National Park, AR

• Good
  • Bad

July 18th, 2017
I have been seeing Dr. De Castro for almost two years. He always makes me feel at ease when I come in for my treatment. Being referred to him by my regular physician was the best thing that happened to me. In my opinion, he's the best and I trust him completely! The office staff are very nice and helpful.

June 29th, 2017
New Lease on Life
Dr. DeCastro recently released me from further treatment following Lumbar Fusion on L4/L5. He had previously performed Cervical Fusion thru anterior approach. Both procedures have been tremendously successful. I had reached the point wherein I had pretty much given up on everything. Thanks to Dr. DeCastro and his VERY capable nurse, Darlene, I am once again enjoying getting out of bed in the mornings and greeting a new day.

February 15th, 2017
This is my second cervical fusion surgery with Dr. DeCastro and I could not be happier with the results. I would tell anyone he is the best doctor I have ever been to,he certainly knows his stuff.Also Apn Abernathy is great.If you can see Dr.DeCastro it is worth the wait he is very busy and I know why he is the best.

January 21st, 2016
Great Doctor
Great Doctor, but almost always have to wait. Staff always seems stressed. Dr. Is VERY busy.

November 25th, 2015
Prior to my procedure of having a shunt, I was skeptical because of the reviews I had read about the office staff. However, I did not find that to be the case. I did not encounter anyone to be rude or obnoxious. Everyone was very polite and compassionate. Dr. DeCastro's nurse, Darlene, was very helpful and extremely knowledgeable. Dr. DeCastro has an excellent bedside manner and was very thorough in the explanation of the procedure and took the time to answer questions. I would definitely recommend him.

September 9th, 2015
Been A Great Help to me
I have been seeing Doctor De Castro for over 3 years, and I have nothing but praise for him: 1. he listen to you 2. he explains thing to you. 3. great bedside manner. You must understand a doctor's job is extremely hard. He never rushes to judgement.

August 27th, 2015
Best Dr.I have seen in almost a yr

May 14th, 2013
Dr DeCastro was great - caring, pleasant, knowledgeable. However the entire office staff were rude, uncaring, unpleasant and downright obnoxious. I understand he "inherited" this staff - he really needs to clean house - keeping Darlene and replacing everyone else.

March 3rd, 2013
Have 2 spinal surgeries...both successful
Dr. DeCastro was highly recommended....very courteous, easy to talk to.....explained procedures in an understandable manner.....promptness was given only 3 stars due to long wait in office but he spends quality time with you.

November 8th, 2012
Wait time was over an hour even though my appointment was 7:30 a.m. and I was the only one there! Dr.Decastro is an excellent doctor and I was glad I waited. I do have a diagnosis and a follow up appointment. I hope the wait won't be as long this time. His nurse can be rude on the phone and in person.

July 20th, 2012
My husband was flown into Mercy med center with a broken neck and other injuries the Er dr gave my husband no chance to live but when i had a consultation from Dr decastro he said my husband would be fine. he is the most caring and wonderful dr i have ever met. he saved my husbands life and we owe so much to him he is a wonderful person

July 9th, 2012
Dr De Castro stressed a conservative approach to my neck issues rather than surgery right off the bat. GREAT!