Dr. Igor De Castro MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 21st, 2016
Great Doctor
Great Doctor, but almost always have to wait. Staff always seems stressed. Dr. Is VERY busy.

November 25th, 2015
Prior to my procedure of having a shunt, I was skeptical because of the reviews I had read about the office staff. However, I did not find that to be the case. I did not encounter anyone to be rude or obnoxious. Everyone was very polite and compassionate. Dr. DeCastro's nurse, Darlene, was very helpful and extremely knowledgeable. Dr. DeCastro has an excellent bedside manner and was very thorough in the explanation of the procedure and took the time to answer questions. I would definitely recommend him.

September 9th, 2015
Been A Great Help to me
I have been seeing Doctor De Castro for over 3 years, and I have nothing but praise for him: 1. he listen to you 2. he explains thing to you. 3. great bedside manner. You must understand a doctor's job is extremely hard. He never rushes to judgement.

August 27th, 2015
Best Dr.I have seen in almost a yr

May 14th, 2013
Dr DeCastro was great - caring, pleasant, knowledgeable. However the entire office staff were rude, uncaring, unpleasant and downright obnoxious. I understand he "inherited" this staff - he really needs to clean house - keeping Darlene and replacing everyone else.

March 2nd, 2013
Have 2 spinal surgeries...both successful
Dr. DeCastro was highly recommended....very courteous, easy to talk to.....explained procedures in an understandable manner.....promptness was given only 3 stars due to long wait in office but he spends quality time with you.

November 7th, 2012
Wait time was over an hour even though my appointment was 7:30 a.m. and I was the only one there! Dr.Decastro is an excellent doctor and I was glad I waited. I do have a diagnosis and a follow up appointment. I hope the wait won't be as long this time. His nurse can be rude on the phone and in person.

July 20th, 2012
My husband was flown into Mercy med center with a broken neck and other injuries the Er dr gave my husband no chance to live but when i had a consultation from Dr decastro he said my husband would be fine. he is the most caring and wonderful dr i have ever met. he saved my husbands life and we owe so much to him he is a wonderful person

July 8th, 2012
Dr De Castro stressed a conservative approach to my neck issues rather than surgery right off the bat. GREAT!

October 31st, 2011
Great Doctor!!Won
Dr. De Castro performed a fusion of my C-4/5 approximately a year ago, and I couldn't be happier with the results. He really set my mind at ease for a scary procedure, and my relief from excruciating pain was immediate. I just want to say thanks to this wonderful surgeon and highly recommend him to anyone.

October 5th, 2011
my uncle has been seeing him for 6 months and is steadily getting worse while the dr keeps says ct scans and mris look good. he has had 2 of each and still the only thing they keep doing is the same tests. plus when he does go for a test it a month before he sees my uncle to give him results

July 29th, 2011
office staff is rude and waiting time is unacceptable
Dr Decastro is nice and seems to be a good doctor. The wait time to get a appointment is to long and the wait time when you are at the office is to long. Over an hour just in the waiting room then a wait back in the exam room then wait for a prescription in the waiting room. The worst part about going to this office is the office staff! Very rude, never a thank you or how are you. Office staff seems very lazy, unhappy and snobby , and they make you feel as if you are nothing but a bother to them. Will never go back and do not recommend to anyone. Look somewhere else for a neurosurgeon.