Dr. Igor Smelyansky MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 19th, 2016
Did not rate follow up after visit as no need for.followup until next appt.very attentive to my needs and very caring. Feel with dr smelyansky, I may finally get some pain relief. He doesn't just write scripts and send you on your way. Finds cause of pain and treats accordingly.

February 19th, 2016
Sciatica
I was very impressed with the doctor. This was the first time I had seen him he actually treated my sciatica with injections in my knee and pain management.I highly recommend him and will be pleased to return to his office. just from this one treatment, my back feels eased today. he was very kind and professional.

July 9th, 2015
try to help with my pain

May 27th, 2015
Grievances Filed
This doctor is only in the office 3 days a week. Today, they decided to close up at noon. He wrote medication not covered by my insurance, I called the insurance company, they suggested an alternative medication but Dr Igor refused to accommodate the request. Instead, he dismissed me as a patient, wouldn't want him or how staff to have to work.

May 27th, 2015
Grievances Filed
First of all, the doctor prescribed medication not covered by my insurance. I called the same day to share that information and was assured that it would be taken care of the next day, even though the office was not open the next day. Next day they said could not do anything because the doctor was not in. Next day dismissed me as a patient because I called about my medication. I old grievances against him.

May 18th, 2015
I would highly recommend DR. Igor if you are having severe pain and need a DR to work with you in trying to ease your pain and discomfort. He works hard in figuring out what is causing your pain and not just write you a pain script and sends you on your way. My first visit with him brought tears to my eyes cause he showed me he cares about my health and ordered tests to help him figure out the cause of my pain. Many doctors just don't listen and hurries you up so they can move on to the next patient. If you are hurting and feel like there is no one out there that want to help, you need to make an appointment to see DR. Igor, you will not regret your decision to see him and you will most likely continue to see him in the future.

May 17th, 2015
Been looking for a real pain management Dr for years
Dr Igor was kind and likeable. Knowledgeable but holds back a little. He has the skills to help patients in pain but proceeds with caution. Who can blame him? So many people try to get meds when they don't need them. Those people should go somewhere else. I've been trying to see a doctor, not a nurse, for help with chronic severe pain. I'm in good hands now. Haven't heard my final diagnosis yet but will soon.

April 27th, 2015
Dr. Igor genuinely cares about his patients and the care he provides for them .I personaliy think he is the best... Thank you Dr Igor you come highly recommended..

March 30th, 2015