Dr. Igor Smelyansky Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Igor Smelyansky?

Migraine

Migraine

Get the facts about migraine headaches, including the different types of migraine and migraine triggers.

Have you seen Dr. Igor Smelyansky?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 21st, 2017

Absolutle Wonderful People.

My wife had been to many Dr.'s before Dr. Smelyansky and none were able to help her. Her body damage, surgery's and continued problems simply had her in misery all the time with no relief ever. Dr Smelyansky changed all of that when she started seeing him. He new exactly what to do and he did it. I thank Dr Smelyansky and all his staff for their professional approach to my wife's situation and the relief this wonderful Dr has provided for her. I pray daily for all of you at Omega and i thank you. Now with all that being said Dr Smelyansky does not tollerate and foolishness so if you need him please do exactly as he say's or you'll find yourself looking elsewhere. Thank you Omega!

June 19th, 2016

Did not rate follow up after visit as no need for.followup until next appt.very attentive to my needs and very caring. Feel with dr smelyansky, I may finally get some pain relief. He doesn't just write scripts and send you on your way. Finds cause of pain and treats accordingly.

February 19th, 2016

Sciatica

I was very impressed with the doctor. This was the first time I had seen him he actually treated my sciatica with injections in my knee and pain management.I highly recommend him and will be pleased to return to his office. just from this one treatment, my back feels eased today. he was very kind and professional.

July 10th, 2015

try to help with my pain

May 28th, 2015

Grievances Filed

This doctor is only in the office 3 days a week. Today, they decided to close up at noon. He wrote medication not covered by my insurance, I called the insurance company, they suggested an alternative medication but Dr Igor refused to accommodate the request. Instead, he dismissed me as a patient, wouldn't want him or how staff to have to work.

Doctor's Response

Dear "Grievances Filed", My entire office remembers you well. I run an extremely conservative, clean and legit pain management clinic. Just like I told you when we met, I do not prescribe generic Oxymorphone and especially in such high doses since this is a highly abusable medication with high street value. Instead, I only prescribe Opana ER with "temper deterrent" characteristics. And approving Opana ER, this expensive medication, does take some time since we have to send a prior-authorization form to the insurance company. So calling my staff 15-20 times per day and being verbally abusive is grounds for dismissal. My front desk girls work very hard and do not deserve to hear profanities on the phone for something that they have absolutely no control over. My apologies and I honestly wish you all the best. Dr Igor Smelyansky of OMEGA PAIN MANAGEMENT in Knoxville TN

SHOW

May 27th, 2015

Grievances Filed

First of all, the doctor prescribed medication not covered by my insurance. I called the same day to share that information and was assured that it would be taken care of the next day, even though the office was not open the next day. Next day they said could not do anything because the doctor was not in. Next day dismissed me as a patient because I called about my medication. I old grievances against him.

May 18th, 2015

I would highly recommend DR. Igor if you are having severe pain and need a DR to work with you in trying to ease your pain and discomfort. He works hard in figuring out what is causing your pain and not just write you a pain script and sends you on your way. My first visit with him brought tears to my eyes cause he showed me he cares about my health and ordered tests to help him figure out the cause of my pain. Many doctors just don't listen and hurries you up so they can move on to the next patient. If you are hurting and feel like there is no one out there that want to help, you need to make an appointment to see DR. Igor, you will not regret your decision to see him and you will most likely continue to see him in the future.

May 17th, 2015

Been looking for a real pain management Dr for years

Dr Igor was kind and likeable. Knowledgeable but holds back a little. He has the skills to help patients in pain but proceeds with caution. Who can blame him? So many people try to get meds when they don't need them. Those people should go somewhere else. I've been trying to see a doctor, not a nurse, for help with chronic severe pain. I'm in good hands now. Haven't heard my final diagnosis yet but will soon.

April 28th, 2015

Dr. Igor genuinely cares about his patients and the care he provides for them .I personaliy think he is the best... Thank you Dr Igor you come highly recommended..

March 30th, 2015