Dr. Igor Turok MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 21st, 2017
Caring Russian Dr., speaks several languages
Dr. Turok is getting bad reviews from ppl who don't get him. First, he has to be EXTREMELY careful of the DEA who don't belong telling Dr.s who and how to prescribe medication. Second, he's foreign and has a different style of communication from the average American. As far as the time, he's always answered every question I've posed, not pushed me to hurry. As for the cost, most Pain Management Specialists charge a similar fee for appointments, and it's very rare to find a Neurologist who also has a specialty in Anesthesia/Pain Management. Average fee for Neurologists 1st app't is around $600 for the 20 to 40 min. and at least $300 for a 10-15 minute follow-up. Please bear in mind that he's a solo practice and has time limitations like all humans. He's an exceptional doctor whom I've been seeing for several years. He's been very caring and concerned for my well being, as I've seen him be with all the other patients in the waiting room, which is generally full. I've also seen people in tears before they see him come out with a look of relief as they left. That should give you an idea of just how great Dr. Turok is.

March 13th, 2017
Only interested in high $ patients
Best hope you have really well paying insurance or a workman's comp case

March 13th, 2017
Too many new patients and incorrect medical records.
Too many patients to adequately take proper care of,incorrect record keeping. Does not read emergency room recordsick thoroughly and does not perform the tests for examinationsome that he writes down he says he does. Ignores documents from other Dr's diagnosis yet still wants to perform unnecessary tests for a condition that was already diagnosed as different then he wants to test for. Only spends about 5-10 minutes to do numerous injections.

December 6th, 2016
I was surprised by the reviews that refer to his bedside manner. I found that he has none. I also learned to write down whatever he says because the next time he would say he never said what he had said.

November 28th, 2016
No better Dr. for spinal, neurological and pain management. Dr. Turok is knowledgeable and compassionate and will do everything he can to learn the cause of your issues and resolve them.

November 15th, 2016
An excellent health care provider, for any pain issue.
I wouldn't go to anyone else, because i have and he is the best.

November 1st, 2016
Workers Comp pain
We found dr. Torok by accident ,he listens he cares he treats he calls you we are very happy with him and I send and recommend him to anyone

October 11th, 2016
pushs shots looks for BIG money .
get ready to spend , if you just need medication to get buy WELL get ready for his SHOTS ,once you talk about stopping saying shots don"t work can not help you any more HIS WAY OR HIGHWAY. ;t

June 29th, 2016
I called twice because I had a question regarding a question pertaining to my treatment, I never received a called back

May 18th, 2016
Good doctor but you should question everything he wants to do for you....
I've seen Dr. Turok about 4 times to assess my health situation & discuss options before receiving a placenta injection. Though said injection did not work for me, he was clear & direct about the potential risk that it wouldn't address my conditions. Overall he is a very astute, knowledgeable doctor with a nice bedside manner. However, he would benefit from taking an extra minute or two to discuss why he wants to run certain neurological tests. Unfortunately I've since realized that most of my tests were needless. Moreover, he gave me an orthopedic brace that I did not need. Though I have fibromyalgia, it was not at all why I was there. My back pain is intermittent and not crippling enough to warrant a brace that could have cost me a thousand dollars, which is a fact that he failed to mention in the office. Luckily, Medicare stated that they will not cover it AND I am not liable for the cost. Dr. Turok also attempted to schedule an MRI for me. I had no idea why he did this, hence I called the MRI facility & was told that it was meant for my back. I quickly cancelled the appointment. As I indicated, I initially consulted him for conditions that did not concern my back; in fact, they affected my pelvic area! Anything involving my back was needless and would have cost me more money than I could spare. He would have gotten an excellent rating from me if he had simply been more direct & honest or if he'd just disregarded any test or equipment regarding parts of my body that did not require attention. Because he didn't do the aforementioned, I feel that the experience was a bit shady. Finally, he did not tell me that he wouldn't be present at the 2nd appointment. Instead I found myself getting neurological tests and an ultrasound with an assistant. I ended up scheduling an extra appointment just to tell him which injection I'd chosen.

April 13th, 2016
His staff is sweet and he has a gift for diagnostics and treatment without the need for narcotics. Treats my migraine headaches and arthritis with occasional Botox injections that start to work immediately and last for weeks.

February 8th, 2016
Dr Turok is one of the most competent doctors that I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. The ladies that work in his office go out of their way to be kind and considerate making patients feel comfortable. I am thankful for the opportunity to be taken care of by this wonderful staff of professionals.