Dr. Ikar Kalogjera MD Patient Reviews

• Adolescent Medicine Milwaukee, WI

February 24th, 2017
M.Citation
If you've never met Dr. Kalogjera, you're in for a real treat. A more gentile, soft spoken and down-to-earth doctor you will never meet. Someone that's at the forefront of his profession-he is. Very easy to talk to and always ready to listen-he is at this best. Makes you feel that you are the most important patient he has-always. If you want to know what a psychiatrist is suppose to be-do yourself a favor and make an appointment with him-you'll never regret it.

January 31st, 2017
Long term parient
I have been under the care of Dr. Kalogjera for many years. He is very conscientious and thoughtful. I would recommend him without hesitation.

January 9th, 2017
Best ever!!
I have been seeing Dr. Kalogjera for over 30 years. I had been seeing a therapist since I was 15. Finally in my early 20s it became obvious that I needed more than talk therapy. Dr. Kalogjera diagnosed my bipolar and prescribed the proper medication, and has treated not only with meds, but with the appropriate verbal therapy. I feel that this two pronged approach is the key to successful treatment (simply handing out pills is not the way to practice medicine.) When I first came to him, I was a mess. Now at this point I function well. My road to recovery hasn't been without challenges, but Dr. Kalogjera has been there for me, 24/7. If I need him I know that I can contact him anytime, even at 2AM, and he will be there for me. This type of care is almost unheard of in the medical profession. He is always on the cutting edge of medication treatments, and has worked patiently with me to find the correct medication/dosages. In short, I highly recommend him. He is a true physician - not just someone who rushes patients out the door so that he can see more of them - but one who truly cares and takes time to heal them.

December 8th, 2016
An outstanding physician who takes his oath seriously.

November 16th, 2016
I don't think you could say one bad word about Dr. Kalogjera. He's fa fa fabulous and really talented.

September 14th, 2016
Best psychiatrist ever
Dr. Kalogjera is the best psychiatrist I have ever had. He treats me with respect and is always thorough during every visit. He is friendly and cares about what I have to say...... especially new information about myself which may be good or bad news in regards to my health. He adjusts my medication as need be and is always well versed on new meds and which meds may or may not be a good fit for me. Also, if I need to see him before my next appt, he always makes time.

August 16th, 2016
I had few results with my previous medication regime for my Bipolar and PTSD until I started seeing Dr. Kalogjera. Within a month, after he had proposed new changes to my current medications both adding, decreasing and removing some medications, things started to change for the better. Stabile mood, decrease of impulsive behavior, stabile sleep, just to name a few of the many positive results I experience. To say he knows medications and how to prescribe them would be an understatement. He's on the cutting edge of new medications also. He is kind, compassionate, and empathetic as well.

August 16th, 2016
Dr. Kalogjera is very smart and really cares.

July 13th, 2016
Very fond of...why
I feel Dr. Kalogjera is the most gentile, kind, considerate, available, gentle, caring, sympathetic, empathetic, understanding, funny, decorated, disciplined, humble, endearing, inspirational, honest, good hearted, prestigious, accomplished, upstanding doctor there is!

June 27th, 2016
Exceptional doctor and scholar
Dr. Ikar Kalogjera is truly exceptional. After four years of failed treatment for an erroneous diagnosis of depression given and confirmed by other psychologists and psychiatrists, Dr. Kalogjera devoted three hours for our first appointment and came up with a correct diagnosis of an end of spectrum bipolar II. My life changed since that day and I have enjoyed full health and functionality under his care for the past six years. He is one of the few psychiatrists in town that combines prescription medication with talk and behavioral therapy. As faculty member of the Medical College of Wisconsin, with love for teaching and research, he brings the latest discoveries to his practice and shares them with patients who are interested to engage fully with their treatment. It gives me a lot of confidence to have an award-winning doctor who is working at the forefront of his discipline. While his accent needs some getting used to, Dr. Kalogjera brings his own understanding of diverse cultural experiences into his practice and knows how the same condition may be experienced differently for patients from different backgrounds, including America, Europe and Asia. Even though my insurance does not cover this excellent doctor, every dollar spend out of pocket has been fully earned. .

May 26th, 2016
Literally the best
Amazing. Dr. Kalogjera literally saved my life. I was having massive anxiety problems and suffer from bi-polar disorder. He was able to diagnose me, work through therapy and the appropriate balance of medications to return harmony to my life. I cannot speak highly enough of him and his work.

April 7th, 2016
I found Dr. Kalogjera to be exceptionally strong in all areas of psychiatry especially in medication knowledge and therapeutic strategies. I've had a few of the top psychiatrists in the state and in my opinion Dr. Kalogjera was by far one of the best. I found him to be very humble and an extremely kind gentleman.