Dr. Ikar Kalogjera MD Patient Reviews

• Adolescent Medicine Milwaukee, WI

• Good
  • Bad

June 13th, 2017
Dr. Kalogjera......... Genius He is the Frank Lloyd Wright of Psychiatry.

May 21st, 2017
Another long-term patient
I've been seeing Dr. K for many years now and have experienced consistent quality of care from him.

April 8th, 2017
Thank you!!
If you've been in Dr. Kalogjera's office you might be struck by the large number of recognitions, acknowledgements, awards, and plaques, etc. awarded him. It's quite impressive I must say. Although the reasons are many and varied why he is the recipient of all of these awards, but basically they are for his excellence in and service to his profession and dedication to teaching, just to name a few. What I find most impressive of all his awards is that he has been rated by his patients as "Most Compassionate Doctor" and "Top Doctor". This sums Dr. Kalogjera up in a nutshell. He is as compassionate a doctor as you will find, which to me is one of the most important aspects of being an effective psychiatrist. His deep compassion will be evident to you the first time you meet him. I have nothing but gratitude to him for making my life better. Thank you Dr. Kalogjera!

March 30th, 2017
Compassion and Knowledge
Dr Kalogjera has been great from the beginning 10 years ago. He immediately determined a course of action with new medication to help gain control of my Bi Polar condition by properly assessing the type. It has been over 10 years now since my last episode. I am on one low dose medication that has worked for me and has no side effects so I can live my life normally even when under stress. I value his continuous learning and knowledge along with his vast experience, Thank you for your help!

February 24th, 2017
M.Citation
If you've never met Dr. Kalogjera, you're in for a real treat. A more gentile, soft spoken and down-to-earth doctor you will never meet. Someone that's at the forefront of his profession-he is. Very easy to talk to and always ready to listen-he is at this best. Makes you feel that you are the most important patient he has-always. If you want to know what a psychiatrist is suppose to be-do yourself a favor and make an appointment with him-you'll never regret it.

January 31st, 2017
Long term parient
I have been under the care of Dr. Kalogjera for many years. He is very conscientious and thoughtful. I would recommend him without hesitation.

January 9th, 2017
Best ever!!
I have been seeing Dr. Kalogjera for over 30 years. I had been seeing a therapist since I was 15. Finally in my early 20s it became obvious that I needed more than talk therapy. Dr. Kalogjera diagnosed my bipolar and prescribed the proper medication, and has treated not only with meds, but with the appropriate verbal therapy. I feel that this two pronged approach is the key to successful treatment (simply handing out pills is not the way to practice medicine.) When I first came to him, I was a mess. Now at this point I function well. My road to recovery hasn't been without challenges, but Dr. Kalogjera has been there for me, 24/7. If I need him I know that I can contact him anytime, even at 2AM, and he will be there for me. This type of care is almost unheard of in the medical profession. He is always on the cutting edge of medication treatments, and has worked patiently with me to find the correct medication/dosages. In short, I highly recommend him. He is a true physician - not just someone who rushes patients out the door so that he can see more of them - but one who truly cares and takes time to heal them.

December 9th, 2016
An outstanding physician who takes his oath seriously.

November 16th, 2016
I don't think you could say one bad word about Dr. Kalogjera. He's fa fa fabulous and really talented.

September 14th, 2016
Best psychiatrist ever
Dr. Kalogjera is the best psychiatrist I have ever had. He treats me with respect and is always thorough during every visit. He is friendly and cares about what I have to say...... especially new information about myself which may be good or bad news in regards to my health. He adjusts my medication as need be and is always well versed on new meds and which meds may or may not be a good fit for me. Also, if I need to see him before my next appt, he always makes time.

August 16th, 2016
I had few results with my previous medication regime for my Bipolar and PTSD until I started seeing Dr. Kalogjera. Within a month, after he had proposed new changes to my current medications both adding, decreasing and removing some medications, things started to change for the better. Stabile mood, decrease of impulsive behavior, stabile sleep, just to name a few of the many positive results I experience. To say he knows medications and how to prescribe them would be an understatement. He's on the cutting edge of new medications also. He is kind, compassionate, and empathetic as well.

August 16th, 2016
Dr. Kalogjera is very smart and really cares.