Adut and Child Psychiatrist

Aurora Psychiatric Hospital
1220 Dewey Ave
Wauwatosa, WI 53213
414-454-6630
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by PJP on Dec 11th, 2013

He is simply the best.

|  VRC  |  show details
by Second to None on Sep 27th, 2013

When my world is unraveling and I feel overwhelmed and unable to cope, Dr. Kalogjera is the first person I call. He is able to understand what the problem is and then offers and explains solutions which give me hope again. He helps me look at troubling issues from a more positive perspective which is what I find I needed in order to pick myself up again and move forward. If you are honest with him and trust in his extremely compassionate care, you will never need to see another psychiatrist in your lifetime. He is truly the best psychiatrist this area of the country has to offer. I feel blessed to be in his care.

|  Best Psych Dr. I've Been To  |  show details
by C. Simon on Aug 23rd, 2013

Dr. Kalogjera is a superb dr. He truly cares about me and my well being. I can always count on him to see me (or make sure I'm seen) in the case of an emergency whether he's in town or out of town. He took extra special care of me throughout my entire pregnancy and my baby boy turned out just fine since I had to continue some of my meds. He was careful in making the correct adjustments. I had to bring my baby in to a couple of appts. and Dr. K. was very accommodating. He loves babies. Thank you Dr. K. for your sincere patient care and for helping to make living my life more manageable.

by Hearty Burgundy on Jun 3rd, 2013

He is psychiatry at its finest. I was incredulous on the first visit to find he lists his home, office and pager number on his appointment cards. What psychiatrist does that anymore? It proves just how much he cares about the well-being of his patients. If you have an emergency he is usually willing to see you off-hours as well as on the weekends if you feel it necessary. Again what psychiatrist does that anymore? He is a psychiatrist with old school values but with academic knowledge and clinical experience that is on the fore front of psychiatry.

Jun 1st, 2013

If you want some of the finest psychiatric care there is then Dr.K is it. He one of the kindest,most gentle souls as well as down to earth and caring psychiatrists I've ever met. The manner in which he cares for you is done with such compassion that you never have a doubt that he has your best interest in mind. I know I can tell him anything and is always ready to listen and give you all his attention. He is probably the most intelligent and academically gifted person I have ever met. Feel fortunate if you are lucky enough to his patient.

by D. RASCHKE on May 23rd, 2013

DR KALOGJERA IS AN AMAZING DOCTOR AND OUR FAMILY HAS BEEN VERY BLESSED TO HAVE HIM IN OUR LIVES. MY SON IS GOING TO BE 19 THIS YEAR AND HAS BEEN A PATIENT OF DR KALOGJERA'S SINCE HE WAS 8 YEARS OLD. I WILL NEVER FORGET WHEN I FOUND OUT THAT OUR SON WAS DIAGNOSED WITH A MENTAL ILLNESS AND HOW MY HUSBAND AND I PRAYED AND ASKED GOD FOR GUIDANCE AND TRUST ME WE WERE SCARED. OUR EXPERIENCE WITH THE FIRST DOCTOR OUR SON SAW WAS HORRIBLE AND THE MEDICATIONS HE WAS ON MADE THINGS WORSE. I CONTACTED OUR INSURANCE COMPANY AND WENT THRU A LIST OF DOCTORS NAMES TO FIND OUT THAT EITHER THEY WERE NO LONGER IN PRACTICE, DID NOT TAKE ON YOUNG CHILDREN, OR DID NOT HAVE AN OPENING. WE WERE DESPERATE, SCARED AND DID NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO WHEN WE TURNED TO OUR FAMILY PEDIATRICIAN AND SHE CONTACTED DR. KALOGJERA IT WAS SUPER BOWL WEEKEND AND HE SAID, "MY PRACTICE IS FULL BUT LET ME SEE WHAT I CAN DO". I WILL NEVER FORGET WE RECEIVED A CALL ON FEBRUARY 7 ASKING US IF WE COULD SEE DR. KALOGJERA THE NEXT MORNING AT 7:30AM. I WAS SHOCKED THAT A DOCTOR SEES PATIENT'S AT 7:30AM. WE FELT OUR PRAYERS HAD BEEN ANSWERED WE MET WITH DR. KALOGJERA THE NEXT DAY WE FELT THAT HE LISTENED TO US AND ONLY WANTED WHAT WAS BEST FOR OUR SON AND TO HELP HIM. OUR SON ENDED UP BEING IN-PATIENT IN THE HOSPITAL FOR TREATMENT. WE WERE UPSET, WORRIED AND HAD NEVER LEFT OUR CHILD ALONE BEFORE BUT WE TRUSTED DR. KALOGJERA AND IT WAS NOT AN EASY DECISION FOR US TO ALLOW OUR SON TO RECEIVE TREATMENT. APPROXIMATELY 6 MONTHS AFTER OUR SON HAD STARTED TREATMENT WITH DR. KALOGJERA HE THANKED US FOR GETTING HIM THE RIGHT HELP AND FOR NOT GIVING UP ON HIM. WE CAN'T TELL YOU HOW THIS MADE US FEEL. DR. KALOGJERA TAKES THE TIME TO LISTEN TO US AS WELL AS OUR SON. DR. KALOGJERA IS A KIND AND CONSIDERATE MAN. HE HAS ALWAYS TAKEN THE CONSERVATIVE SIDE WITH OUR SON. MEDICATIONS WERE STARTED OFF SLOW AND HE MONITORED OUR SON CLOSELY AND LISTENED AND OBSERVED AND ADJUSTED THINGS AS NEEDED. THERE WERE A FEW TIMES THRU OUT OUR SON'S CHILDHOOD THAT WE NEEDED DR. KALOGJERA AFTER WORK HOURS HE WAS ALWAYS THERE FOR US WALKING US THRU THE STEPS AS WELL AS FOR OUR SON. HE HAS SEEN US AS EARLY AT 7:30AM IN THE MORNING AND AS LATE AS 9:30PM AT NIGHT. WHATEVER IT TAKES DR. KALOGJERA IS DEVOTED AND CARES ABOUT HIS PATIENTS AND THEIR FAMILIES. OUR SON IS VERY GRATEFUL FOR DR. KALOGHERA AND FOR THE HELP HE HAS RECEIVED OVER THE YEARS. DR. KALOGJERA HAS ALWAYS BEEN THERE TO SUPPORT OUR SON, EDUCATE HIM, AND LOOK OUT FOR HIS WELL BEING. THANK YOU DR. KALOGJERA FOR GIVING OUR SON THE CHANCE TO BE WHO HE IS TODAY WE COULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS WITHOUT YOU AND KNOW THAT OUR SON'S FUTURE IS BRIGHT BECAUSE YOU ARE PART OF OUR FAMILY.

by Craig Lemke on May 8th, 2013

Dr. Kalogjera is a very compassionate. He listens carefully and does not judge. He provides a safe atmosphere. He has worked closely with me to improve my overall health.He is very sincere and concerned that he is providing the best care possible.I would gladly recommend Dr. Kalogjera.

May 3rd, 2013

Very kind and gentle. Very skilled at difficult diagnosis.

|  Excellent doctor!  |  show details
by Michelle C. on Mar 29th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. K for longer than I can remember. He knows SO much about medicine and how different medicines work together or not. He has helped me deal with terrible daily anxiety, depression and postpartum depression when I had my 2nd son. My anxiety and depression are now manageable and I thank Dr. K for that. I would recommend him to anyone!

|  Best Therapist  |  show details
by D. Berger, Mequon, W on Jun 15th, 2011

I and my family have been seeing Dr. K. for over 30 years. He has dramatically made a great difference in the lives of all us as he is one of the few psychiatrists left that actually practices psycho therapy, medicine fine tuning and extensive counseling.He is internationally known for his accomplishments and I would highly recommend him to all if you are lucky enough to be accepted as a patient.

|  Frusturated  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2009

This doctor seems to be very interested in handing out meds but doesn't seem to take the time to actually make sure they are the right meds. My boyfriend suffers from situational anxiety and the doctor keeps giving him meds that are used for other conditions that he doesn't have. The meds are not working (big shock there) and my boyfriend is becoming frustrated and scared about taking anything. I wish that there was some good way to find a doctor who is willing to help rather than prescribe meds.

|  Excellent adult and child psychologist and psychiatrist  |  show details
by Ms. S. Lawrence on Feb 3rd, 2009

Dr. Kalogjera really takes time to find out a lot about his patients and he really makes you feel you are special and he will do his best to provide the best possible care to you. He is very thorough, kind and considerate. One of the other best things about him is his willingness to make appointments around your schedule. He works at night and on weekends...which was great for us. He also has a great sense of humor. It's comforting to know that there is a mental health physician out there that really cares about his patients. I would definitely recommend him to others.

|  marital therapy poor  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2008

he would rather keep married people together rather than apart now that he, the husband, and/or the wife should know better; maybe it's a Catholic thing on his part