Dr. Ikechukwu Ibegbu MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 6th, 2016
Professional / friendly / comfortable
The wait time isn't usually bad, typically 10-15 but I have had waits closer to 45 min and one on occasion (it was a really busy day) it took closer to 1hr 15min before I was seen. But, whenever the wait is long the staff always is apologetic. Dr. Ibegbu is a caring and friendly doctor who knows what he is doing. Literally no complaints. Awesome guy and he's good at what he does. Fast and accurate.

March 30th, 2016
I had a completely awful experience with this doctor. Every appointment I had scheduled months in advance, I would have to wait AT LEAST an hour and a half to see the doctor. They were always WAY overbooked. Also their office was so tiny and there were not enough seats. I had broken my back and had to sit outside on the curb. Then after hours of waiting...I would get called back only to see the doctor for 5 minutes. He never spent any time with me and didn't seem to care for me as a patient. He completely ignored my symptoms and wouldn't change my treatment even though I told him it wasn't working. Then he wrote on my papers that I was non-compliant because I told him I didn't want to keep taking a medication that wasn't working. I kept asking to try different medications and he completely ignored me. My husband went with me a lot and witnessed the horrible treatment I was given. I lived in PA and saw the best team of doctors at CHOP- one of the best hospitals in the world. So I knew the treatment I should have been receiving and the testing they should have been doing and they didn't. I have Ulcerative Colitis and he didn't care for me. He never even did stool samples which I know is completely necessary. He is also dishonest and unprofessional. You cannot spend 5 minutes with a patient and treat them with exceptional care. He claims to give exceptional care but he absolutely does not. I have spoken to several amazing doctors since and they all agreed that he completely does not do his job...and that he did not treat me correctly. If you want exceptional care that you need and deserve, do not go to Dr. Ibegbu. He does not have your best interest at heart.

February 2nd, 2016
I have had several appointments with him. The first procedure was for two procedures at the same time. That didn't happen so another day off work was required. 5 appointments to the office with none being less than 1 hr and 30 min after appointment time not including the early arrival. The last one I left after an hour with 8 minimum ahead of me with a 20- 30 min average after leaving the waiting room. It appears as they are chasing the money an losing touch of the patients. Too many patients scheduled for the same time at every part of this office, from follow ups to procedures in Kinston.

November 3rd, 2015
Do not use this doctor! He rushed to do a colonoscopy and had no answers when done. We were told one price for procedure and it was over a thousand dollars more and bills are still coming.

September 25th, 2015
Very professional and nice office staff. I would recommend to my family & friends!

June 9th, 2014
Self
Recently had a colonoscopy and I was very satisfied with service at the Kinston facility. His office called the next day for a follow up.
Doctor's Response

We are dedicated to excellent service and care of our beloved patients!

October 30th, 2012
Great Doctor- poor Jacksonville office personnel
Dr Ikechukwu E Ibegbu, MD is a very professional man, however his Jacksonville office personnel is anything but.

May 27th, 2012
Waiting time
Great doctor but, extremely long waiting time to see doctor for diagnosis (3 hours!). Need to improve in this area and once this is corrected then they are a top notch facility.

May 9th, 2012
do yourself a favor and do not use this doctor he is the worst i have ever met he does not answer phone calls is in a hurry to run tests that are not necessary does not visit his patients in the hospital

November 15th, 2011
Care not consistent
Didn't even meet the doctor until the procedure. Had pain after the procedure, dr said it was normal. He didn't prescribe any medications to allivate the pain or discomfort. Rather, told me to come to the hospital the following day to have the device removed. Tried speaking to the nurse but, didn't call me back until 4 hrs later. I missed the call and called the office back. No one ever called back. Had the Dr. paged, he was rude stating "I told you to come to the hospital" It isn't easy for military families to pop in and out of the hospital to be sedated. Very disappointed. No one around to answer questions. Just one more person collecting a tricare paycheck.

May 27th, 2017