Dr. Ilan Bornstein MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

May 10th, 2016
Very very poor inter Personal communication skills.. I felt patronized and dr Bornstein made no attempt to listen to my concerns. He takes off so frequently for vacation time it's tough to even see the guy. Stay away!!!

October 29th, 2013
Left town without any notice to patients
I was a long-term (20+ year) patient in this practice; I came when Dr. Timna was the physician and stayed when Dr. Bornstein took over. I was satisfied with the care and liked the staff who were also there for a long time overall. However, I just found that the practice closed 7 months ago and the doctor moved to W.V, I received no notice by mail or phone of this closure and found out via another doctor ratings website. I actually received an electronic reminder of my well check appointment this week. If I had showed up, I would have found no doctor. So, now I need to scramble to find another gyn. Very disappointed with the conduct of the doctor in this matter; any notice of the move-however short-would have been sufficient for me.

June 11th, 2012
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Bornstein is the doctor I have been looking for, after 23 years of problems he gave me realistic options and explained each of them well. It was wonderful to be listened to and not have birth control pills shoved at me. Dr. Bornstein's office staff is very sweet and they as well as Dr. Bronstein get to know you on a first name basis. I like that is the only doctor in his practice and I don't have to sit in the waiting room like cattle. Great bedside manner!

November 19th, 2010
I was just another $ symbol I assume
I don't know why but I gave this doctor and his office several chances to fix or make up for the problems. I was never given results of ultra sounds or labs. I found out during a call in to see if i needed to go to L&D that I have placenta problems which was never told to me before. I have been bleeding off and on several times throughout the pregnancy just to be told not to worry abt it. Nothing was ever explained to me. I was just told your fine come back ____ and we will see you again. Yet having contractions and bleeding and no answers or explanation. And then my medical chart seems to get lost every other visit. I have had to actually go and get my charts because the office failed to send them where they needed to go. The ultrasound office they send me too got mad at me for needing to change my sons diaper! (In the restroom may I add) I will wait at times over an hour to be seen for either ob or ultra sound visits.... and when I was sent to L&D last night I sat there for 4 hours with nothing. They took my billing information and no one even entered my room after that... no nurse no doctor not even a cleaning aid or chaplain... not one living soul! I sat there bleeding all over myself w no place pads or anything even after I had requested them via the nurse call button. I was freezing (no blankets) in a gown, no pillow, and bleeding and no one even checked up on me. I got there at 4 left at 8 and they said the doctor wouldn't even return their calls. I was getting treated horribly. I will never go back to Memorial hospital ever again and I will never let Dr. Bornstein near me or my unborn child ever again. I am now at home still bleeding seeking another doctor! Not one call from his office to even check on me!

April 13th, 2010