A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ilan Cohen, Ophthalmologist, Pediatrician is Good. Dr. Cohen has been reviewed by 17 patients who have provided 13 comments. The rating is 2.5 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ilan Cohen, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 4 Areas, including Cataract Surgery, Keratoconus eye, and LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis).1 more special expertise area
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Cohen graduated from Tufts University, Boston. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Cohen has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Cohen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 36 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 4 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Healthfirst - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Ilan Cohen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Ilan Cohen practice?
Dr. Ilan Cohen practices Ophthalmology near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Old Bridge, NJ and Trenton, NJ.
See New York Ophthalmologists.