Dr. Ilana Addis MD Patient Reviews

2.1

August 5th, 2016
She is a horrible docotor obviously does not know how to read. Gives horrible suggestions if I was not educated in the medical field I would die with her incompetence. Please don't waste your time and money. Remember if more then 1 person is saying the is bad she probably is.

February 22nd, 2016
Do your research, do not use this OBGYN
Dr. Addis has horrible bedside manner and was 6 hours late with my surgery. I wish I would have been more informed because the surgery I ended up having was not needed. Doesn't even bother to look at you when you are in an appointment with her. I went to her for GYN issues rather than OB and cannot imagine having her deliver any of my future children, or any children for that matter.

September 3rd, 2013
Crass and Unprofessional
After appts for diagnosis and another for preop, Dr Addis showed up on the day of surgery and announced she only wanted to do half of what was necessary (things she could have discussed with me at preop). After letting her know that was not okay, she announced OUT LOUD in front of 3 other women in preop that I had genital warts. Not only did she violate my right to privacy, she was inappropriate and unprofessional. She is an embarrassment to good GYN doctos everywhere.

October 15th, 2012
Finding a new doctor, I will not be giving this woman business
I feel like this doctor gives me anxiety! She is cold and rude, it's almost scary to ask her questions which is what I am supposed to be doing as someone newly diagnosed with ovarian issues and possible endometriosis. I have never felt so awkward around someone. I feel like there has to be something wrong with her! She may be great at surgery, but I will never know because I REFUSE to see her anymore. She turns a stressful situation into an unbearable one. ISO new provider!!!

September 5th, 2012
A Good Review
I have the feeling that people only comment when they feel dissatisfied. Dr. Addis is quite competent, she did a complicated, complete hysterectomy on me due to a prolapsed uterus. That was more than a year ago and I have seen her twice since then for follow up. I did not experience any of the problems others have related, but then I don't need a doctor to be my friend. She was business like at times, but never brusque or harsh. I would recommend her for her skills and professionalism.

May 29th, 2012
Teacher
The exam was humiliating and painful. She seemed angry and hostile toward me from the moment she walked in.

July 7th, 2011
Was my gyn for about two years but her brusque, almost insolent beside manner coupled with her telling me at my last annual that doing a fecal test wasn't part of what a gyn does but is done at the colonoscopy - inasmuch as a recent NY Times article said such a test was a normal part of a gyn's annual standard of care - I changed to another gyn.

March 22nd, 2011
Horrible - dont go!
Dr. Addis only spent 5 minutes with me of which was an awkward conversation (she kept interrupting). My attempts to 'break the ice' were unsuccessful. Overall, I feel she made strained efforts to remain friendly and was quick to assume a diagnosis, with no attempt to perform further testing to confirm it. I do not recommend her at all.

July 16th, 2010
Like walking on Eggshells.....
Not a nice Dr. Really angry that you are there & "interrupting & bothering" her day. You feel like you are walking on eggshells with her. Really comes off as hostile & angry. I was only in her exam room for about 3 minutes! She scared me! Never went back.