Dr. Ileana Calinoiu MD Patient Reviews

• 15 reviews

June 13th, 2015
Where is the doctor?
I think she is wonderful and I want to go back and see her. However I can't find her. I have called, emailed and even wrote a letter. Is she still practicing? Any ideas where she is?

January 9th, 2015
Excellent psychiatrist, but incredibly hard to get ahold of
Ileana is an amazing psychiatrist. I had tried four others over the years, but she was easily the first I felt really listened to me, and never made me feel like I was running out of options. She explains things really well, including the science, which really appealed to me as a scientist. However, she can be absolutely impossible to get ahold of, which for me included a couple of life and medication emergencies. With much, much regret, I've had to move on. Hopefully I can find someone as amazing as her, but actually returns calls and emails!

January 1st, 2015
Higly recommend
I suffer fram a rare sleep cycle disorder and i was seeing a sleep specialist who recommended Dr. Calinoiu. Wow! Dr Calinoiu has so much knowledge-psychiatry AND my sleep/wake cycles disorder. I am used to mentioning it to medical professionals who shrug their shouldrs. Dr Calinoiu was very helpful, explained everything on the white board and suggested a treatment that was not mentioned to me before. Guess what? As a result, I am able to get out of disability and return to work. AND run after my 4 yo darling daughter with plenty of energy and mental clarity. I highly, highly recommend her! Hope she never moves out of state because i want to keep seeing her forever : )

September 7th, 2014
Maybe good for kids
Dr. Calinoiu proved to be off-base with her diagnosis. She prescribes medicines without unveiling the emotional root of the issue I had. It has been frustrating getting hold of her, and she was unreliable returning messages. I am an adult patient, so it is possible that her core expertise lies in adolescent and child psychiatry

December 3rd, 2013
Non responsive. Doesn't return phone calls promptly or check email regularly. Hard to get ahold of.

October 17th, 2013
A doctor which became a friend
I have seen Dr. Calinoiu for the first time 2 years ago and she has helped me get through some of the most difficult days of my life. After my mother died, I was grieving and needed assistance. Throughout the last year and a half, Dr. Calinoiu has been compassionate, warm, witty, patient, and most of all, helpful. In addition, she has provided me with practical advice for my life and helped me open up to those I love. Would HIGHLY recommend.

October 13th, 2013
Dr Calinoiis not your typicall "10 m ites and a prescription for Prozac" psychiatrist. I thought she was very professional, considerate and helpful; she listens to your problems and takes a methodical approach to solving them. I am in my early 50s and I''ve been to many psychiatrists over the years, but none compare. Thank you, Dr. C!

October 13th, 2013
excellent
Dr. Calinoiu has been my doctor for over 8 years. In that time, she has proven over and over again what an excellent diagnostician she is. She really listens to patients and demonstrates true empathy..I really look forward to my appointments with her because of her great, non-judgmental bedside manner. I saw on the internet that she received multiple awards (google her:) and I have to say they are well deserved. She has a fantastic reputation in our community.I am so thankful that she is my doctor and wholeheartedly recommend her to anyone looking for a doctor who cares and keeps up on the latest research.

October 4th, 2013
Highly reccommend
I am very pleased with my experience with Dr. Calinoiu. She is an excellent diagnostician and doctor and a very nice human being. She has been treating my son for 6 years now. I really appreciate her clarity and willingness to explain her philosophy of care, diagnosis and treatment plan-she even draws pictures on the white board (how many doctors have you seen that have a white board in their office :). I also appreciated the fact that she checked in with us about how my son was doing while she was on vacation overseas! In addition, I feel that she is a really nice, compassionate human being and doctor who is genuinely interested in her patients and truly cares. I feel very lucky to have my son taken care of by Dr. Calinoiu and I highly recommend her whenever I

August 8th, 2013
not recommended
Dr. C diagnosed my son incorrectly which lost us 6 months. She overcharged us and never refunded the difference even though she said she would. Worst of all, when my son had an adverse reaction to the anti-depressant meds she prescribed she was unavailable and left no forwarding contact number. I was advised by my primary doctor to find another psychiatrist.

July 21st, 2012
Great with teenagers!
Extremely knowledgible, excellent bedside manner,especially with our teenaged daughter, able to explain the mechanisms of psychiatric medications in a way that a teenager can comprehend thereby encouraging cooperation and compliance with the medications she prescribes.

April 14th, 2011
Amazing doctor
Dr Calinoiu is amazing. She approaches patients as real people who know and care about the why of their issues and the treatment. She spends as much time as necessary to understand your life and concerns and then to provide guidance. Unlike many doctors that just want to get you in and out with a new scrip, she is going to spend the time to make the right decisions about your health. Above and beyond that she is a lovely and caring human being that exudes warmth and confidence. I give her the highest possible rating I can give a doctor. In fact,she is pretty much the only doctor I would even recommend to another person. This is what mental health care should be in America. Unfortunately, the insurance industry does not allow that. Hence, you will need to write Dr Calinoiu a check at each visit and file to get reimbursed. It is worth it if you can afford it (and she is actually much cheaper than your insurance company pays those other guys.)