Overall Review

2.7

October 23rd, 2016
No follow up doesn't remember you
I had been Dr Brandeis's patient for nearly 15 years. Every time I came into her office it was like I was a new patient. She has sent me for tests and then never looked at the results or called to tell me the results. Said she would call in an RX that I needed right away then didn't even put a note in my chart what it was she prescribed. Kept calling her office then receptionist would ask me, the patient, what the doctor prescribed for me. Neglected a very serious condition that I now need major surgery for less than a year after last surgery.

September 9th, 2016
Competent Professional
I really like Dr. Brandeis-she is a no nonsense competent professional. She is my OBGYN and I have no interest in going to anyone else.

September 18th, 2015
Absolutely HORRIBLE
HORRIBLE experience. She takes every question you ask as an opportunity to belittle you. And then she gives the shortest answers she can or tells you to just read the pamphlet when you leave. After waiting over 2 hours I received no apology and then she actually threatened to not read my chart since I hate waiting so much! And she didn't read it!! She had no idea why I was there, even though her office called ME! After a painful pap smear exam I bled and had cramps for 7 days after. My first visit she pushed for me to switch from the pill to IUD and I said I'll think about it. This appointment I enquired about it and she said it was a horrible idea --but it was her suggestion in the first place!!. (I only went back to her because I had to cancel an appt with a new doctor and she was only one I could see close to work on short notice. My first appt I waited a little over an hour) She insisted I get surgery to remove a benign cyst and visibly got annoyed when I asked more questions about the surgery and my options. When she told me I could get dressed and as I started to, she widely opened the door while I was naked so anyone there could see me naked. This appointment was 3 weeks ago and today I get a voicemail from the desk asking me to call back immediately. I call back within 2 minutes of the missed call and she stepped away from her desk and never called me back. Thank you for sounding urgent with no comment on what it regards to and then leave me wondering over the weekend. I am truly amazed she still has a practice with the way she treats her patients. I related to so many of the yelp reviewers. Wish I'd read those first.

September 14th, 2015
Dr. Brandeis
She has always been professional, thorough, kind and funny. She has always taken the time to listen to my concerns. I trust her medical opinion and highly recommend her.

June 4th, 2015
Don't go to Ilona Brandeis
Do NOT go here! Besides the fact that the place is a dump, the front desk staff have the communication skills of a 4th grader. Additionally, they are extremely abrupt and rude. I almost think they pulled in someone off the street to be their "medical assistants". I waited an hour and still no Doctor, nor does anyone communicate what's going on. When I ask them, their response is "well there are patients ahead of you". No kidding, however they should be SCHEDULED as such. Still no idea when the Doctor would ever be ready. I would never go there again, extremely unprofessional.

February 19th, 2015
Bad Experience
Avoid this doctor at all cost. I was her patient for approximately 10 years. It was never a problem because I only saw her for yearly routines. Until a problem surfaced and I needed a biopsy. She provided no information on the procedure. She just proceeded to do it and it was extremely painful. Imagine pieces of tissue sniped from the walls of your vagina without any anesthesia. All she would do was scold me and demand that I remain still. I did some research and found that I could have had local anesthesia for this procedure. But she never made it available. I strongly believe that she gets a thrill at seeing women agonize in pain. Now I know why on several occasions I heard women screaming while waiting to see her. I went to see her one more time after the biopsy just to get the results. I knew when I walked out that day that I would never return. I asked for my medical records and was told that I needed to request them in writing. Shortly after, I mailed the request for my medical records. I received a call asking me to pay 75 cents per page for the records. This seemed absurd since I see many specialist, in addition to my primary, and I receive copies without cost. And I also receive follow-up e-mails and phone calls without having to request them and much less pay for them, something she NEVER does. I went ahead and sent in a check to cover the cost of 22 pages because it was very important that I receive those records so that I could provide them to the new gynecologist I was going to get. Besides the lab results, I was able to see the many nasty remarks she scribbled on the pages about me. She's such a hippocrate. She's a woman in need of a broom so that she can fly off into h__l. If a zero star rating were available, that's just what I would give her. Oh, I forgot to mention. She consistently overbooks patients, so that you end up waiting for hours to be seen. At one of my appointments I waited 4, yes 4, hours to be seen. It appears she's trying to make-up for those patients she's lost by overbooking new and unsuspecting victims

May 10th, 2014
Excellent doctor & surgeon.
I am totally convinced that this doctor was given a bad wrap. I found her to be caring, attentive and a no-nonsense doctor. I just underwent surgery with her & she made me at ease. Whatever fearful thoughts I had prior to walking in to the surgery room went out the window as soon as I saw her. She's confident in what she does & I trust everything about her. As for the office wait, I rather wait for her since I know that she's not going to rush my examination. I recommend this doctor.

November 24th, 2013
unfortunately cannot recommend this obgyn
i saw dr brandeis 3 or maybe 4 times. each time the wait was between 90 and 150 minutes. at each visit i thought it was just that i caught the office on a very busy day but from reading the reviews, it seems that this is a standard experience. when you finally meet, it is difficult to have an intelligent conversation with her because she doesn't listen to your questions all the way through without cutting you off. i understand if people have a bad day or are under pressure, but this happens consistently at every visit. her attitude has been rude and condescending. and the level of relevant information she has provided has been unsatisfactory and biased. when you call the office for test results, it doesnt guarantee you will get a return call. i called the office on tuesday about blood testing done the previous tuesday. i called again on friday. i still have not gotten a call back. the feeling that one leaves with is that dr brandeis does not respect or particularly care for her patients.

July 23rd, 2013
DO NOT GO SEE THIS DOCTOR. I was experiencing abnormally heavy periods, which she told me was probably just because I'm "getting older" (I'm 33). When I pressed her she sent me for an ultrasound, but said everything looked fine when she got the results. 6 months later my periods were even worse, to the point where I was so anemic I needed a blood transfusion, and the new doctor I saw recognized immediately there was problem and found a large fibroid which she said had to have been growing for a very long time. I now have to go through induced menopause and a more painful surgery which would not have happened if Dr. Brandeis had taken me seriously. So rude, so unhelpful, worst doctor ever.

April 10th, 2013
Unacceptable
My mother is 83 years old. She had a stroke last year. She reported to me that first she waited 20 minutes in the waiting room--then was taken back to the exam room by the medical assistant who gave her a paper gown and instructed her to undress. She waited 45 minutes!!! in the exam room on the table in her gown (no comfortable chair to sit in) before the doctor came in. No apology. No explanation.

February 21st, 2013
Never calls with test results and doesn't return calls to her for test results.

September 6th, 2011
Horrific nightmare!!! Beware!
I went to her based on a high recommendation from a colleague. My entire experience with this woman was an absolute nightmare. First visit took 30 minutes in the waiting area before a nurse did the usual check-ups/prep for the doc. I waited another 15-20 minutes in a room to be seen by the doc. Afterward the usual gyno routine check-up, all felt fine. A week or so later, I get a call to come back because of some not so pleasant test results. Panicked, I went back a second time, waited 45 minutes to be poked for additional testings (a terrible experience in itself) and had to make a 3rd appointment for test results to be given in person (policy--I was told). Third visit, waited another 45 minutes for a 2 minute explanation of my test results which I did not understand at all. As I asked her questions, her answers were even more unclear for me, an average person without medical knowledge. After she quickly rushed out and I was rushed out, I left even more puzzled and slightly frantic as to what just happened. I immediately called back to discuss how fatal my results were and had to leave 2 messages with the receptionist. Several days later, I finally get a returned call from one of the staff members to tell me that there was nothing wrong with my test results and everything was okay. A month or so later, I told this same story to the colleague (who recommended this doctor) and another coworker, and found out that they both had almost the same exact experience. The colleague who recommended Dr Brandeis thought it was brilliant of the Dr to be so thorough. The other coworker and I, however, came to the conclusion that this Dr is a scam artist who does additional testings to drive up charges. I later went to a new OB-Gyn and found that there's positively nothing wrong with my test results. I have also alerted my insurance on this Dr. Everyone should be aware of her tactics!