A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ilona Frieden:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ilona Frieden is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Frieden
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Frieden Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Taking Control of Psoriasis
Facial Wrinkles and Lines
Wound Care and Non-Healing Wounds
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ilona Frieden, MD is board certified in Dermatology.
- She has special expertise in 31 areas:
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Dandruff (Tinea Capitis)
- Ectodermal Dysplasia
- Face Cancer (Facial Neoplasm)
- Hand Dermatoses
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Interventional Radiology
- Klippel-Trenaunay-Weber Syndrome
- Laser Surgery
- Neurocutaneous Syndromes
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Frieden graduated from University of California at San Francisco. She has 7 awards.
Dr. Frieden has 6 hospital affiliations:
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Ilona Frieden MD is a female Dermatologist, has 35 years of experience and practices in Dermatology.
- Where does Dr. Ilona Frieden practice?
- Dr. Ilona Frieden has 1 office location.
Dr. Ilona Frieden practices Dermatology near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Dermatologists.