A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Imtiaz Ahmad:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Imtiaz Ahmad is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Imtiaz Ahmad, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Ahmad graduated from Universidad Tecnologica De Santiago, Santiago Campus, Santiago De Los Caballeros.
Dr. Ahmad has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Coney Island Hospital
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ahmad accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 2 plans
- Health Plus - 3 plans
- Healthfirst - 11 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Imtiaz Ahmad practice?
Dr. Imtiaz Ahmad practices Internal Medicine near Brooklyn, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Oceanside, NY.
See Brooklyn Internists.