Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Apr 21st, 2014

I would like to add that Dr. Ina Becker is extremely unethical and has no regards for the LAW mandating a Psychiatrist to evaluate every new patient. My "diagnosis" "sounded" right to her-in less than five minutes. Disregarding any such legal obligation, she proceeded to convince me that, because of the Bipolar MIS-diagnosis I "NEED" to take Zoloft, Depakote, Seroquel and Zyprexa, all in one day every day to begin with and like everybody not familiar with the "Mental Health ""Business"" System" I became another casualty for the next 8 years. After 3 years, having been in a SEVERE depression due to medications for a wrong diagnosis and her unwillingness! to listen to any of my symptoms, she barked at me: "TO SNAP OUT OF IT"! Never mind that her "sessions" were barely 20 minutes per $175 cash. Thanks to her ethical "Professionalism" it took me another 5 years to find a Psychiatrist that was actually willing to work with patients. Diagnosis: PTSD with Hypervigilance, Anxiety, Panic Disorder, ADHD. Now I live QUACK free and no MEDS! SHAME ON YOU!!!

|  Excellent psychiatrist  |  show details
Dec 24th, 2011

I have seen Dr Becker for almost 20 years for extreme anxiety. She has been remarkably helpful and I now have a life worth living. She is also interested in complementary medicine so isn't just a prescriber of traditional drugs. She is a solo practitioner so she does not take insurance which is fine for me. She works with me as a partner and is respectful of my feelings and opinions and is willing to give almost anything that I suggest a try. She has a great sense of humor as well. I travel over 200 miles to see her and I live in a medical Mecca so she must be good. If you want to work collaboratively with a very smart physician who treats you as an equal, I highly recommend Dr. Becker.

|  Distressed by this doctor  |  show details
Sep 5th, 2011

I found Dr. Becker extremely unprofessional and disrespectful. She was friendly during my session with her, and talked a good game but did not pay attention to the things that i wanted her to, and ultimately made me feel extremely bad by making follow up with her impossible. She called at weird hours, or during times that i said i couldn't be reached, and refused to give me a time that i could call her. Really wish i had never seen this doctor. Felt duped, and manipulated. I think she lacks integrity which is especially disturbing in a psychiatrist.

Jun 22nd, 2011

Someone recommended me to Dr. Becker. I went to see her after having seen another psychiatrist. She added another medication on to my prescription which helped significantly. After this, things got worse. I canceled one visit so the next time I went she only saw me for ten minutes and then had another patient there but still charged me the full $200. Next, I was having an issue in my life and I told her I was planning on going to India to study yoga. First she asked me what the issue was and when I told her I didn't want to say, she said she wouldn't see me again if I didn't tell her so I did. I asked her to check for me if I could get my medication in India but she wouldn't do it because she didn't think it was a good idea for me to go. She thought I would "get lost." This is what I was paying her for and she refused to help me. I wasn't in India for very long and when I got back, she refused to see me again because I hadn't listened to her advice not to go. In fact, the trip was very important for me.

|  She's awesome  |  show details
Jun 10th, 2011

Ina is my psychiatrist and I've been visiting her for 2/3 months now and she's the greatest, I feel very comfortable talking to her, she gives me good advise and I really like her. She's the best psychiatrist I've ever had

Jan 19th, 2011

Excellent diagnostician, great empathy and respectful listening.

Dec 6th, 2010

Excellent diagnostitian; sensitive, caring, with pleasant sense of humor; overall the best therapist I've ever worked with.

by MissDiagnosedByMost on Jun 30th, 2010

I was sent to Dr. Beceker because I have an auto-immune condition that has affected me neurologically. She was great in informing me of some other treatment options outside of psych meds as well as determining what would best help considering my physical issues. Does not take insurance though so could not afford to keep seeing her.

Apr 16th, 2009

Dr. Becker has consistently provided all one could ever hope for in a healing and growth professional. She's attentive, practical, respectful, responsive and always helpful. She has a range of approaches to address the needs of the particular individual and his/her particular situation and is not wedded to a "fits-all" approach. All that and a great sense of humor and, as noted, a profound respect for others. I'm so thankful to have had the benefit of her care.

Mar 16th, 2009

Dr. Becker is a rare breed of psychiatrist who can integrate psychopharmaceutical meds with talk therapy and meditation and other wholistic modalities for a complete growth and transformation of the patient.